Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

Missing Turbine Sound?

Just added the SP...

I seem to have lost the right engine turbine spool up sound.... I hear the starter and ignitors...... but has soon as i move the fuel lever up to low idle the sound goes dead and the turbine sound gradually comes back in about 15 seconds later.... The left engine is fine....

I did the starter fix mod that was posted here prior to the SP... could that be conflicting? I wouldnt think it would....?

#####?

I also did the fix into the sound.cfg but I think it get overwritten in the SP1 and also many other sound files get installed and replaced.

All is fine here on my SP1 install.

An idea: you can install the C90 SP1 exe file into a temp directory, there you will see all the files that will get installed in FSX normally. You can try to manually install the sound files into your C90-sound folder and see if that may work?!

Or: uninstall the C90 , delete all C90 folders remaining and then do a fresh install from your previous vanilla C90 installer and install SP1 afterwards, do backups of all your "mods" and changes prior to this and remod it bit by bit after sp1 is installed WITHOUT the sound fix! (I would recommend this way)

Im having this same issue.. I've tried to reinstall everything from scratch.. deleting all folders before I do... yet im still missing the turbine sound on the right engine??

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Carenado cant figure it out.... They gave me another download so I can start from scratch again...

I am getting everything organized and will unistall later on..

You should send them a ticket request on the issue so they put more resources in it...

I think something wasn't updated in the sound.cfg... I was able to get it working by changing the startup file they had entered in one of the lines, the question is.. what else is messed up, kinda frustrating.

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I did the same but something is not right with the sounds... I got fed up and just reinstalling the whole deal....

Is this still an issue for some? I installed the SP2 and have no turbine sounds on the right engine. I always start cold and dark so this is kind of annoying, espesially on a $40 addon. Help anyone?

Same problem here. On several occasions I have lost the switch sounds also. The only way I can get them back is to restart my computer. the switch issue my be due to my seven year old dell XPS Gen 4 running 32 bit windows XP. I am not sure what the specs. are on my machine but I know it has 4 gig memory and Nvidia 9500 GTX graphics card.

Something to consider, a few weeks ago there was a post fix before the SP1, that made a SMALL chang in the sound cfg. file as I recall, changed a 2 to a 1??.........maybe that was missed in the patches??..........something to try at least.........B42L8