Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Uncontrollable Spin in Slew Mode

Hi,

I had to readjust my controller settings because of problems with duplicate assignments between my CH pedals and yoke. I don't know if this has anything to do with this, but when I go into slew mode my aircraft spins uncontrollably. I try keyboard and yoke movements but it won't stop. I see there is a slew button in the controller settings but I don't know how to change settings if it is the problem. Any ideas? Thanks. Tom

Yep, uncontrolled movements in slew mode are usually caused by unwanted noise coming from a controller or perhaps a bad controller setting as you alluded to. Of course you can test it by going into slew and unplugging each controller until it stops to help you pin point which one its coming from. Happens to me once in a while with my makeshift rudder pedals where the right one will twitch a bit and it shows up if I go into slew mode. Had me stumped the first time it happened when I went into slew and the a/c was moving on its own, but it helped explain why I was having to make a lot of rudder corrections when I was taxing.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the help. I put the sim in slew mode and then unplugged each usb cable for the pedals and the yoke. The spinning did not stop. Tom.

The only reliable way to use slew mode is to disable your controllers in slew mode via the FSX Controls menu. There is

a separate menu specifically for slew mode so disabling the controllers there will not affect normal operation in flight.

Simply use the NUM PAD keys to control the aircraft in slew mode.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Thanks for the help, guys. I checked the slew page in the controller menu and sure enough there was a "Z Axis" there. I deleted it and now it's working fine. I never paid much attention to this part of the controller menu and don't know how the entry got there, but all is well now. Tom