Sign in to follow this  
kittyatyi

What the heck... Is it the apocalypse?

Do you have UTX Europe??

And Aerosofts Mega Oslo or what it's called??

How about FsGenesis??

I do have all of them and have done several flights to and from ENGM and never seen this. Coming to/from Stockholm or Heathrow. Must be around a 50 maybe 100 flights to/from ENGM .

Alway used SID/STARS, remember point Ruvas.

Very strange thing you have, I have never ever seen something like that in my FSX. Only on some other forum long time ago.

Check if you have the above addons, might do the trick. Scandinavia is little of a lost land for MS default scenery. The default looked terrible, until I got UTX Europe.

Have you parked in the air?? Handbrake on and no engines running?? Slew??

Hi!

I have UTX Europe and Mega Airport Oslo Gardermoen X - I don't have FSGenesis though. I am going to check if I ever installed any freeware mesh that affects this area, but I don't remember I ever did.

Yes, slew, indeed:-)

Hi!

I have UTX Europe and Mega Airport Oslo Gardermoen X - I don't have FSGenesis though. I am going to check if I ever installed any freeware mesh that affects this area, but I don't remember I ever did.

Yes, slew, indeed:-)

One more thing is to turn off all weather, switch of ASE or what you have and set Clear weather in the Weather Tab in Free flight before you start. So you remove all clouds.

If you can't reproduce it then it must be FSXs frame generator that goes crazy when there is clouds at that specific spot. To me it looks like it is clouds

by the color of the spikes. Or if it is a rock texture from ground.

Per W Sweden

One more thing is to turn off all weather, switch of ASE or what you have and set Clear weather in the Weather Tab in Free flight before you start. So you remove all clouds.

If you can't reproduce it then it must be FSXs frame generator that goes crazy when there is clouds at that specific spot. To me it looks like it is clouds

by the color of the spikes. Or if it is a rock texture from ground.

Thank you, I will try right now and report back! I don't know what to suspect, indeed, all the spikes are of the same height, and they are all situated next to each other in a straight, continuous line. Can be anything, let's see now if it happens with all weather turned off.

Do you use BufferPools in the fsx.cfg

I had som problems on Mega airports with spikes, like long sharp triangles showed up suddenly, whole scenery was messed up.

Until I added this, it controls if frames should go direct to the graphic card or via a buffer:

You can read about it here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?44197-RejectThreshold-Tweak-Replacement-for-No-BufferPool

Without it you can get some strange artifacts now and then:

It is the Reject Param you can change and test, Poolsize works with that size. I never have changed it.

[bufferPools]

//524288 //512Kb = 524288, 256Kb = 262144, 124Kb = 126976, 96Kb = 98304

//RejectThreshold=393216

RejectThreshold=98304

PoolSize=8388608

UsePools=1

Per W Sweden

No weather... but the spikes are there... Hmmm. I came accross a post where they say it might be related to the Bufferpools entry in the .cfg file, I will try removing it and see what happens.

Do you use BufferPools in the fsx.cfg

I had som problems on Mega airports with spikes, like long sharp triangles showed up suddenly, whole scenery was messed up.

Until I added this, it controls if frames should go direct to the graphic card or via a buffer:

You can read about it here:

http://www.sim-outho...r-No-BufferPool

Without it you can get some strange artifacts now and then:

It is the Reject Param you can change and test, Poolsize works with that size. I never have changed it.

[bufferPools]

//524288 //512Kb = 524288, 256Kb = 262144, 124Kb = 126976, 96Kb = 98304

//RejectThreshold=393216

RejectThreshold=98304

PoolSize=8388608

UsePools=1

Just posted about it, funny you posted about the same:-) Tack sa mycket:-)

And yes, when I slewed the aircraft, those spikes were NOT there, and SUDDENLY they appeared, indeed, sharp triangles.

Var så god = You're welcome!

If you already use it maybe it is to low setting, going to low is like moving toward no pools at all. Try increase RejectThreshold to next higher value if you have it very low.

Good that you are on track to crack this thing. Maybe that is the reason I have not seen anything like this before, after the Mega triangles. I must have nailed the bufferpool numbers.

Per W Sweden

Ok, now I played with those spikes a bit.

I thought I had UsePools=0 added, but it was actually turned off.

This is what I had before:

[bufferPools]

//UsePools=0

RejectThreshold=131072

I then now changed the entries to this:

[bufferPools]

//UsePools=0

//RejectThreshold=131072

RejectThreshold=98304

PoolSize=8388608

UsePools=1

BUT, still the spikes appeared. However, it is really strange. The spikes are NOT part of the mesh. I slewed to the exact same spot, nothing. Everything seems fine. Waited 25 second. Nothing. And then, all of a sudden, spikes all around. Ok. I then moved the aircraft in slew mode, around the spikes. Some of the spikes disappeared, some did not disappear.

It seems it is not related to the mesh, but for some reason, always happen in this particular area, because I never noticed anything like this ever before, anywhere. I am gonna test different RejectThreshold entries, and also, I will try UsePools=0, see what happens.

I thought it was just the opposite with rejectthreshold? Which confused me when I read it. Seems like NickN on a post said that the higher numbers moved toward a usepools=0 setting. I would like to know which it is. I rarely have spikes like that but flying into PANC the other day I got some mega spikes and then a CTD. I raised my up the rejectthreshold setting (before I read Nicks post) and things have not repeated themselves yet. So if you have a Bufferpools category try removing it. I think these spikes are almost always related to over taxing your card. I am thinking about getting rid of mine all together anyway.

One thing. Did those you see those spikes form or were they already there and came "out of the haze" so to speak.

I thought it was just the opposite with rejectthreshold? Which confused me when I read it. Seems like NickN on a post said that the higher numbers moved toward a usepools=0 setting. I would like to know which it is. I rarely have spikes like that but flying into PANC the other day I got some mega spikes and then a CTD. I raised my up the rejectthreshold setting (before I read Nicks post) and things have not repeated themselves yet. So if you have a Bufferpools category try removing it. I think these spikes are almost always related to over taxing your card. I am thinking about getting rid of mine all together anyway.

One thing. Did those you see those spikes form or were they already there and came "out of the haze" so to speak.

Thank you for your input.

Now that I am testing what causes those spikes to appear, I found that they are NOT yet there when I arrive on the spot. When I slew the airplane, and gradually move it towards the affected area, the spikes are NOT there. I then reach the area, stop the airplane in the air at FL200, and wait. And after 15-30 seconds, there you go, the spikes appear!

Okay, I will now try two things:

- First, completely remove the [bufferPools] category.

- if it doesn't help, I will try UsePools=0 and see what happens.

Goddamnit, I really wanted to fly form ENGM to GCLP, but these silly spikes just don't let me:-)))

Well. I removed the whole [bufferPools] entry, started up FSX, cleared all weather, and slewed to the location. No spikes. Kept circling around the area, near ENRY - Rygge - to see what happens. Nothing. I then came over to my browser to report you that finally, the mystery is solved, but then I went back to FSX and the spikes again appeared:-(

I then decided to use the "go to airport" option and selected Rygge airport, to see if the spikes appear if I start up at an airport which is located in the middle of the affected area. Here is what I got:

Than you have an error somewhere. Normally this indicates maxing video memory but you have a good card and with the bp gone I just do not know and I wish I could be more specific. Hopefully someone can chime in on this one.