Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoTayhen

FSX-MS
LWcfg.xml invalid?

5 posts in this topic

After installing Orbx's just released NRM patch 001 I booted up fsx only to receive this msg, " Living World settings in LWcfg.xml are invalid. Please delete LWcfg.xml from your hidden user profile directory." The only Lw.cfg file I can locate is in my "users/john/app data/roaming/microsoft/ fsx" folder and it is called "LWcfg.SPB. I deleted this file and received the same msg upon re-booting fsx. I have never installed the fsx demo. I finally tried repairing fsx using the original discs and after the repair routine was complete I restarted fsx only to receive the same msg about the LWcfg.xml file.

Where is this file? I apparently corrupted fsx in some fashion and now I am thinking I must delete and re-install fsx which is a terrible thought given all of my addons.

A search of these forums reveals this problem has been addressed however I can not seem to find a solution posted that I can follow.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

AFAIK the only LWcfg.spb is in the main flight simulator X folder. SPB is a compiled version of xml. I don't know if FSx will also read an LWcfg.xml file, I suppose it might. I don't know any reason to have multiple versions, except as backups if you edit it. My default one on SP2 is from 12/10/2007.

scott s.

Thanks Scott - Try as I might, I couldn't resolve the issue. I have been forced to un-install FSX and will be re-installing the lot over the next few days. I have no idea how the error took place. I can't even find the offensive xml file on my system, only the above mentioned SPB file.

I have LWcfg.xml in "users/username/app data/roaming/microsoft/ fsx" this one is edited and acts as. xml.

The original LWcfg.SPB is as Scott say in the main flight simulator X folder, FSX use now the .xml file.

Jan.

the original lwcfg.spb is located in the fsx  main folder,just get it to the hidden profile (i.e) "users/username/app data/roaming/microsoft/ fsx"  paste the spb file (if there is a current xml file there delete it) there and change the extension to .xml ,that is lwcfg.xml(lwcfg.spb change to lwcfg.xml)  ...and watch the magic happen

need feedback pls

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0