Hi,

In AFX, is there a way to install moving jetways? I was making a new airport but the jetways do not move. I have the jetways inside the green gate area and I also have advanced animations checked but they still don't move. I also tried using the instant scenery jetways but that did not work either. Jetways at other airports work by my addon ones do not.

post-144445-0-87308300-1335567673.png

Thanks to anyone who can help.

I assume that the aircraft you are using with these gates you have tested at a stock airport with jetways? I think something needs setting in the aircraft.cfg file so that jetways will animate to the aircraft

I assume that the aircraft you are using with these gates you have tested at a stock airport with jetways? I think something needs setting in the aircraft.cfg file so that jetways will animate to the aircraft

Yes, the aircraft I am using works with stock airports. I could not find anything in the .cfg file that had to do with jetways though.

No really my area of expertize I am afraid. Perhaps someone else here has more idea or you could try the AFX support Forum

I could not find anything in the .cfg file that had to do with jetways though.

You need an [exits] section which specifies the position of the exits relative to the datum.

It is unlikely to be a fault in AFX, I have done a similar mod with ADE and it worls fine:

kalb1.jpg

kalb2.jpg

George

You need an [exits] section which specifies the position of the exits relative to the datum.

It is unlikely to be a fault in AFX, I have done a similar mod with ADE and it worls fine:

Not really sure what you mean.

Today I compiled the airport without the exclusion rectangles. The airport had two jetways at each gate, the addon one and the stock one. Then I compiled the airport again with the rectangles to exclude jetways. Could the reason the addon jetways are not moving be because there are really two jetways at the airport, but the stock jetway is excluded?

Blawrence,

Or you have two bgl's of the same airport or you have ad two jetways on one gate.

So in AFX look if you have two jetways on one gate ,if so remove the second on.

And look in your aircraft.cfg if you have this lines ,for example the WoA_AIA_B738_W

[exits]

number_of_exits = 2

exit.0 = 0.40, 41.00, -5.00, 3.00, 0

exit.1 = 0.40, -28.00, 4.50, -3.00, 1

All the WoAI are for FS2004 but working in FSX also fine,they need for some points for example the jetways some "fine tunning" .

If you want jetways connect to the aircrafts you need up-date ALL your aircraft.cfg by hand.

If you need a list of all the AI aircraft exit's send a PM.

Jan