Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mr340

FSX- Window 7 Ultimate 64 VS Window Vista 64?

Hi i always wanted to know what is the difference between having fsx in window vista 64 bit or window 7 ultimate 64 bit. I have notice that almost everyone runs window 7 ultimate 64 bit for fsx. An i want to know why? What are the advantage when running window 7 ultimate 64 bit , than when running window vista 64 ? I know performance is based on the CPU Processore an GPU also . But if have all that what can window ultimate 64 bit do for me ? Does it improve the graphic i bit or something . Why do most people here an all around AVSIM run Window 7 Ultimate for FSX?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I run just Windows7 Home Edition 64bit. More than enough for what I need. Given the choice between Vista and Win7, there is absolutely no reason to use Vista. Too many annoying and persistent problems with it, and Win7 is as solid as a rock.

64 bit versions of windows (or any OS for that matter) are relevant when your system has 4GB of RAM or more (up to 166GB for non-industrial, home-based systems!) as 64 bit systems can access the extra memory, whereas 32 bit systems can use only up to a maximum of 3GB of RAM, and no more.

are you considering upgrading from vista to win7? I don't think you'll see much difference within fsx. It might help with other programs though. Like treetop said, it's solid as a rock.