Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HaraldG

Scenery Tashkent UTTT v2 2012 - strange behaviour

Good evening,

does anybody have some experience with the Tashkent scenery UTTT v2 2012 from avsim.su, made by Yevgeniy Vygornitskiy (Jhenya), Rashid Bektyakov (G-force), and Igor Pan (BUMBOX)?

These are my problems:

1. Every time one chooses the airport some strange objects rise into the sky. Observed from nearby, these are a kind of chicks or hens (see picture). Is there a specific file to prevent them from doing so?

2. Generally, I experience more than occassionally crashs of FS2004 at this airport? Perhaps there is a well known cause of this?

Any advice would be helpful. I can read some Russian but my skills are not sufficient enough to write my questions in a Russian forum.

Many thanks,

Harald

P.S. Beside these problems, the scenery is very good, especially if it's combined with AI traffic, in particular with some An-12 and An-22 freighters flying for Tashkent Aviation plant.

Hi,

I have installed the scenery and upgrade, but no chickens are flying with me. I didn't install UTTT_ADE9_ATController.BGL and .xml. (In fact, I don't know what to do with them, I don't read Russian).

Hugo

Hugo,

many thanks for your answer. If I understand correctly, UTTT_ADE9_ATController.bgl is just an improved AFCAD with corrected NavAids. I Didn't install the .xml file, because in the readme-file it's specified as "for developers". Nothing to read about chickens in the readme.

I will check the scenery with one of the standard AFCAD files (as there are at least two of them in the scenery, in ADE-format and for AFCAD; so far I didn't find out why). I only use UTTT_ADE9_ATController.bgl, which seems to define the cargo ramps best, what is important for my heavy AI traffic at UTTT. With the standard AFCAD file, I observed An-12 planes at the gates of the main terminal...

Meanwhile, I suspected a corrupted AI plane texture as cause of my crashs, but I wanted to rule out any known bug of the scenery itself. It's more complex than its predecessor, which did never cause a crash on my system in spite of almost the same AI traffic.

By the way, are these chickens a "dynamic scenery" from the barnstormer flight/adventure for the Curtiss Jenny of FS2004? I really don't want them in Uzbekistan.