Sign in to follow this  
Walouigi

Help with flatten area

Hi there,

I am in the process of reinstalling FS9 from ground zero, and I am taking it step by step as I have tons of Add-ons.

As I approached the area of Lebanon, Beirut, I am seeing a big chunk of the see has an elevation of more then 11000ft. I have downloaded the Lebor scenery, and the mesh and the coast line.

Now even if I deactivate the scenery and the the surrounding area like TLV and Jordan, I still see this huge chunk of elevation of the see, and id I fly through the plane crash, as if I hit the see.

Please see pics attached, and let me know if there is any possible solution to the problem.

unfortunately I am not an expert for creating an exclude or flattening files. so please advise if any of you have that issue.

the files I got for Lebanon scenery are from here,

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fs2004.html#desirade which redirect me to Avsim library and flightsim.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

This kind of elevated (water) table is almost always caused by some kind of error or conflict in or between installed mesh scenery. I suggest that you de-activate one by one any mesh scenery which could be covering the Lebanon area in your fs9 scenery library and observe the results each time. The problem could also be caused by the mesh scenery within the Beirut scenery itself.

It's a question of "trial and error".

Good luck.

Hans

Never seen this before, I had a ground problem a few years ago which after many posts was simply cured by unchecking the "Ground scenery casts shadows" box, but the answer is more likely to be as Hans suggests.

Echofox

This kind of elevated (water) table is almost always caused by some kind of error or conflict in or between installed mesh scenery. I suggest that you de-activate one by one any mesh scenery which could be covering the Lebanon area in your fs9 scenery library and observe the results each time. The problem could also be caused by the mesh scenery within the Beirut scenery itself.

It's a question of "trial and error".

Good luck.

Hans

Hi Hans thank you very much for getting back to me, I don't have any mesh installed at all for that reason, the files that came with OLBA is the ARPT and Land Class, witch I di remove and deactivate, and still no luck, if it is something within the scenery I would have got it cured when I deactivated the scenery and left it to the original, but still the elevation was there still.

I have UT Canada, USA and Europe, would that cause the issue perhaps even if it is far from Lebanon?

So my questions to you is :

Is there a way to remove that by creating a flatten bgl that can cure it?

Thanks

Hani

Never seen this before, I had a ground problem a few years ago which after many posts was simply cured by unchecking the "Ground scenery casts shadows" box, but the answer is more likely to be as Hans suggests.

Echofox

Hi Echofox, I don't have the ground shadows checked box, and still have it.

Thanks anyway for your suggestion, much appreciated.

Regards