Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lmaire

2 problems

Hi everybody,

I have reinstalled FSX (new computer) and i have 2 problems. First one is that i can't load my saved flight without having a CTD. (FSX does not respond) If i choose a mission and then one of my saved flight it works.

Second problem, some textures are missing. I load a flight and all things are there but when landing at the destination airport i can see through the airplane (in external view) and also through few buildings. Once i could see through the aircraft panel. I don't know if both problems are related. Need your help guys. Thank you.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For the saved flight, that usually means you have removed or changed a key part of the flight, probably the plane.

For the second, there is a transparency slider for the cockpit, but I doubt thats affecting everything else.

For the saved flight, that usually means you have removed or changed a key part of the flight, probably the plane.

For the second, there is a transparency slider for the cockpit, but I doubt thats affecting everything else.

Well, i could through the panel but still see the knobs??

I suffered a problem that was similar to your second one, I could see through the external model of the QW757. I was told to reinstall FSX, open it and fly for a couple of minutes. Subsequently, I should install SP1 and again fly for a couple of minutes. Then I installed the acceleration pack/SP2. Afterwards everything was working well. I'm not quite sure but I reckon this will fix yours as well.

If i run the repair tool on the FSX DVD could it help, also will i have to reinstall all paywares?

First, do you have SP1 and 2 installed, or alternativly Acceleration addon? If not you need to.

If you do already, try deleting the fsx.cfg file then start FSX, it will build a new one, see if that helps.

I have FSX Gold Edition (acceleration expandion pack installed). I've deleted the fsx.cfg and run FSX again but it doesn't help.

In that case sorry to say, it looks like a FSX reinstall as it sounds like it got corrupted. Be sure to delete any left over folders after uninstalling, and run FSX before installing Acceleration to be sure its working correctly.

You could try the repair option first, at this point it cant hurt

I have finally uninstalled FSX. Reinstalling now. (just the third time this year....)