Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

First attempts of flight on FSX...

I received this week my new computer with an I7 3770K, 8GB RAM and a NVidia GTX 680 2GB, Windows 7 64. As my first acquisition I bought the PMDG 737NGX from Aerosoft and after a lengthy three-day setup process started flights in four different locations with the NGX and failed to complete one single flight due to graphic problems.

I made sure that all Ryan's recommendations pinned on this forum were implemented on the Nvidia Inspector, but each time, I ended up after a while with a flickering black and white screen or at best with a ghost airplane with a few visible parts.

This happened almost systematically after I went to a FSX menu to change a setting. This is of course not a PMDG issue since an attempt with the Maddog ended up the same way. I made a search on various fora with no luck as to where to look to stop this. Has anyone experienced this sort of strange FSX behaviour and guide me on how to cure it? Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you.

Jean-Claude

Have you tried this? Bojote's FSX Tweak Tool

You need all the proper tweaks plus the nvidia settings to get the most out of FSX on any machine configuration. Good luck.

Only two things I can think of are:

UIAutomation core: You have to use a file from Windows Vista. I'd send you a copy but A) Not sure that's the problem and B) not home. If you have a chance do a search for UIAutomationcore and you should be able to find the file (for free)

Insure HIGHMEMFIX=1 is in your FSX.CFG and in the right place.

I hope one of these gets you up and flying!

Good luck!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

If you go to C:/[username]/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX, there should be a text file called "fsx". This file has all kinds of information stored in it, and it tells FSX what to do. Due to the bad coding of FSX we need to make tweaks ourselves. The simplest way is to go to www.venetubo.com/fsx.html, fill in you PC specs, download the file, and replace the default "fsx" textfile with the downloaded one. Now your problems should be solved. If you also want better FPS, open the fsx file and on top, add:

[bUFFERPOOLS]

PoolSize=0

If you also want to prevent CTDs, then search on google for "UiAutomationCore.dll download", download the file, and place it into your FSX root folder. That's all you need to do.

You problems should be solved now, and I hope this helps.

Thank you Arjen, Cory and Jon, I will go through your recommendations and see if I can land the 737 somewhere.

Best regards to all.

Hi Jean-Claude,

Please come back to the forum and let us know if you have solved your problems. Thanks!

Thank you Sander, unfortunately after going through the various recommendations above, and some others picked on different other FSX threads, my last three attempts of yesterday late evening ended the same way with a CTD after going to the FSUIPC menu or any other FSX menu (like flight planner), impossible to get back to my 737 NGX, black screen!

The UiAutomation core dll gave me an error message each time I was going in the windowed mode for AS2012 or MCE (FSX bad image), so I had to remove it, the Bojote's new cfg file did not eliminate the problem either. Ryan's Nvidia settings are scrupulously followed.

Evidently I did not start touching OC as long as my system is not stable with a normal setup I won't change anything on this side. My problem is not framerate (yet!), so i will bother about this one once I can at least complete my flights.

It's back to the drawing board I am afraid provided I knew where to start. Any suggestion would be indeed welcome. Again thanks to all.

Hello Jean-Claude:

Just wondering if you used the right version of UiAutomation core.dll. There are several versions of it, but only one will work correctly. That version is 6.0.6001.18000

As well, Word Not Allowed has posted a great article for issues with Nvidia. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/370594-software-hardware-guide/

Hope this helps,

- Roger

Thank you Roger, Word Not Allowed's paper was the best reference and after a whole afternoon of tweaking with his recommendations, I could - for the first time - complete my first NGX flight without black screen! Now starts another trial to OC my system so as to achieve acceptable frame rates. I always wonder what hardware the FSX developers were running seven years ago if today's systems can't even suffice to deliver the best performance!!!

Thank you to all those who kindly supported me.

Happy landings.