Sign in to follow this  
FlyByFire1256

Unable to Validate and Unable to get in touch with PMDG

Hello Everyone,

Last night I purchased the 747-400X. I downloaded the installer and when I went to install by putting in my PMDG email, the password, and the ORDER ID (I imagine is the transaction ID) as that is the only code I got in an email it tells me it cannot validate my product. I tried the suggestion of shutting off my firewall but that made no difference... I also switched my email account for PMDG from a gmail one to an AOL account. No matter what combination of order codes, transaction ID or order number it will not validate! I am stumped and getting pretty heated as when I signed up for product support I never recieved an email to confirm my account. I have even tried refreshing (the resend button) but I never get a "activate your account email" I have no way of getting in touch with them as they dont have any emails listed on their site to get in touch with someone about either issue. Any help is as always highly apprecitated! Hopefully $54.99 didnt just go to waste....

Best Regards, Jason

Log into your PMDG eCommerce account. Click on View Previous Orders. The order number for your 747 is the number you use when validating the order in the setup.exe. Make sure that you are typing the email you used to buy the 744 and the password are correct.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Bank_Angle, thank you for your response! Since the purchase I have changed emails on the ecommerce account, and I have changed passwords, shall I still use the original email and password from when I first register hence to order the product?

Bank_Angle, thank you for your response! Since the purchase I have changed emails on the ecommerce account, and I have changed passwords, shall I still use the original email and password from when I first register hence to order the product?

I think the email/password is the one you used at the time of purchase. If that doesn't work, then it's the new one. I don't think I'm helping much.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I've tried the order number, the original email and password, the transaction ID, the order code, the new email and password, and even actual password to the email. Your assistance is highly valued my friend! It's the lack of proper support from PMDG that is ridiculous. I cannot even get an automated email from their support service so I can't even speak with them about the issue.

After re-reading your first post I take it you've registered at support.precisionmanuals.com to send a support ticket right? Check your spam folder for the email. PMDG Support (from what I've heard) is better than some other companies out there.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Yes thats where I registered. But I am in limbo there, as I have registered but never got an email to verify my account, this is after 24 hours and clicked resend verification email more than 5 times, I have recieved nothing in my spam folder either. Highly annoyed... since without that email I cannot get a support ticket.

FlyByFire1256 I am sorry if you have covered this but I had the same problem as you. So I went to my ecommerce account and the previous orders page appeared. Underneath where it says previous orders on the left it says order# then a six digit number e.g.

Order #200202. I copied and pasted this into the installer but made the mistake of leaving the word order and the # symbol, I re tried using just the number and it installed fine, However once I started FSX and chose the PMDG 747 3 errors appeared

PMDG_747400_Main.DLL cannot find PMDDGOptions.DLL.

PMDG_747400_ACS.DLL cannot find PMDDGOptions.DLL.

PMDG_747400_Overhead.DLL cannot find PMDDGOptions.DLL.

After just clicking o.k fsx then crashes and re starts. So I am now in the same boat as you also having spent the $54.99.

I am sorry if you covered the order number problem and still can't get the download but even when you do it might not be the end of the troubles.

If you have no luck with the support team and try to get your money back please will you let me how you get on because if i don't get an e mail or a response I will be trying for a refund.

Good luck.

Adam I tried the number and never included the symbol or word. As for the no refunds, I have already told my mom to notify the credit card company of the issue as I will not allow that to be paid off unless I RECIEVE the product. As for their no refund policy... We'll see about that, since I technically never got the product. I only got an installer, an installer which will not validate a purchased product. This is not my problem but it falls on their shoulders. This is not an issue of oops I bought it and my sim can't handle it. Its an issue of never recieveing the product that was paid for. And for that... I will challenege it.

After re-reading your first post I take it you've registered at support.precisionmanuals.com to send a support ticket right? Check your spam folder for the email. PMDG Support (from what I've heard) is better than some other companies out there.

Hello Bank-Angle:

I think PMDG is the best of the best flight sim software developers. However, I respectfully disagree with your comment above. That we are discussing these issues in AVSIM's forum is the first clue. another would be:

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

This notice, posted on the PMDG site has been up for some time now. Further, a study of the PMDG web site reveals absolutely no way to access actual contact with the company. I tried to submit a problem ticket, no luck. I tried to request email confirmation (user id, password, order number, etc), no luck, nothing.

While I feel certain this matter can be worked through at some point, as a customer it is disappointing to experience all of this. AS a "retailer" it would seem reasonable to be able to contact the company in a more direct manner. For now, I can only hope PMDG reps monitor this forum and elect to respond to my issues here via my email address which is openly available to them.

This said, PMDG makes a fantastic producting listing and I only wish the company was more accessiable.

Okay, let's get this straight, shall we?

Support only comes from the official support portal, which is linked off of PMDG's site (www.precisionmanuals.com), and the link is up (at least upon my check here at 1148 EDT). This support site is at the following address:

http://support.preci...in/Default.aspx

In order to use this system, you must first register:

http://support.preci...rmRegister.aspx

This registration is separate from your credentials at the eCommerce site (where you would've purchased your product).

In the future, I would suggest holding the flames back until you actually find a problem. The site is up and running and accepted my credentials at 1150EDT:

untitled.JPG

So, if you can't log in, create a new account. If you're forgetting your credentials for any site, it's not the site owner's fault, it's yours.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello SCandinavian13

Yes, let's get this straight:

I am not sure if you are commenting on my last (most recent) post or everyone's post here that has complained about these two issues - install/validation and inability to communicate directly with PMDG. My post was "not" a flame, beyond your possible opinion of it. Actually, your post seemed to have a condescending, arrogant tone about it, even commenting at the end of your post that this issue was not the develope's fault, it was my (or anyone else who experienced these issues) fault. It is very presumptative on your part to make such comments. I have sat where you sit now no doubt, years of flight simming and numerous on line software purchases without issue. I also read (like you do) forums and threads, similar to this one. Never did I interject criptic comments about posters, nor did I just assume issues experienced were the purchaser's fault. While it certainly could be the issue, neither you or I know for sure do we? There is a multitude of computer configurations and setups out there, thus plenty of opportunity for conflicts, perhaps like the ones discussed here.

However, not one, but two issues were being discussed in this thread. One was the install/validation issues and the other was, ability to communicate directly (i.e. via email at least) with PMDG. You listed a couple of suggestions and links, all of which had been tried, several times. here is a cut and paste on that subject:

From - Product Support PMDG:

["Your account has been registered but not verified. Follow the instructions in the email that was sent to you. To send the email again, use the preferences page."]

no email response from PMDG (nothing in spam folder either).....[insert crickets chirping here]

Thus, where I am currently in working through the first issue (install/validation) it is not going well, despite all the advise I have read and pursued from the "AVSIM" forum. However, I greatly and sincerely appreciate any comments posted by other flight simmer to help solve an issue at hand. On the second issue I have, lack of direct product support and inability to communicate with the retailer, my comments are simply fact, unless I have missed some posted series of PMDG phone numbers or email addresses from their web site). My solution ticket attempts continue to remain in limbo, thus, and factually, the communications are not going too good so far. So, no, my post was not a falme. nor is this one, just further frustration as the latest advise is, it's our (end user's) fault. If you buy a product, regardless what it is, let's say a sports car here and you find it is a lemon, then certainly you would not like to be redirected to a forum and unable to use any of the user support functions from the sellers site.

I will continue to work through this install/validation problem here but I remain dis-satisfied with the lines of communication with PMDG direct. I like the company and their products but am not satisfied with their level of customer support. Plain, simple and a fact. As a consumer, I maintain the right to that humble and factual opinion. Sorry if you are overly sensitive to that position. Let's both let this thread end here and agree to disagree on some points at hand. Thank you for your suggestions.

I assume that the computer you are trying to active the product on has an active internet connection? Ensure that your firewall is off before you try to install the product. After that I would restart your computer (may or may not help. Just a suggestion). Are you positively sure that you are typing everything correctly? I do make typos in passwords and usernames sometimes.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Hello Bank_Angle:

Yes, you are correct, on line active internet connection, firewalls disconnected, multiple reboots, and you are so right about typos. but I double checked all prior to sending.

One thing of interest I have found so far, PMDG states in open boxes that it sent password confirmation via email, but no email arrived here. I checked my information in my account with PMDG and all is correct and active. Thus, I am now focusing on why this computer and PMDG cannot communicate (either registration or email exchange). I hope this is the first step towards a solution. Thanks for the suggestions, your firewall suggestion, i.e. portals might be an issue here, not sure yet.

Scand13 suggested re-registering an account with PMDG, which could be good advise but I am a touch nervous to do so with an open order at hand (747 purchase) and that compounding the issue. Yet, that could well be something I try here shortly. Worst case scenario...out 54 bucks and unable to use an excellent software product.

Thanks for the suggestions!