Sign in to follow this  
N9718

How to Cold Start the Eaglesoft Citation X v1.0

I've been looking around for instructions on how to perform a cold start on Eaglesoft's Citation X v1.0. If those instructions are around, would someone please point me in the right direction? I was registered at the Eaglesoft forums, but apparently they have reset everything again, and I am awaiting confirmation.

Thanks for your help.

FSX Gold SP2 (FSGen + GEX + UTX + REX) --- XP10 / XP11 --- MSFS 2020

Intel i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz / 16GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo / MFG Crosswind v3

Have you checked the CX20 Main Manual in the first few pages of the Quick Start Guide? This covers all of the required steps to complete a cold start of the CX.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Have you checked the CX20 Main Manual in the first few pages of the Quick Start Guide? This covers all of the required steps to complete a cold start of the CX.

I don't have v2.0 (Is that what you mean by CX20?). I guess my question is really how do I start FSX with the CX v1.0 in cold start mode? Do I have to start FSX, turn off all the systems, and save it? Then when I want to fly starting in cold start mode, I just load that flight?

From there, I believe my v1.0 manual is good on how to perform the start up procedures.

Also, I noticed on the Eaglesoft website for v1.0, it says that the aircraft has the TCAS 2: Accurate Traffic Avoidance System. Where / how does this work?

One final thing. I also noticed that there is a "Revised and improved Full Documentation in PDF Format." Is this different than the documentation that I received when I first downloaded v1.0 when it first came out?

Sorry for all the questions. It's been a while since I've used FSX, so I'm dusting off my add-ons aircraft and am looking to purchase some additional ones.

I haven't had the CX v1 installed in many, many years, so I'm working strictly off memory. If I recall correctly however, the "Cold and Dark" option wasn't introduced until v2 was released, so yes you will have to create a "cold and dark" scenario and save it as a flight...

What I've done though is to change the "Default Aircraft" to the C172, parked it at my "home airport" and saved it "cold and dark" as my new "Default Flight..."

Now every aircraft I load is automatically "cold and dark" by default! :)

I'm unsure about the possible revisions, but if it's been a long while since you downloaded v1, a fresh download will guarantee you have the very latest and greatest files.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm unsure about the possible revisions, but if it's been a long while since you downloaded v1, a fresh download will guarantee you have the very latest and greatest files.

Thanks. Should I uninstall the current v1 before I redownload it from Eaglesoft and reinstall?

You may install over existing files and they will update automatically.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png