Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boeing247

Helicopter Crash Tolerance

How can the crash tolerance of a particular helicopter be increased? I ask because I was noticing that the Aerosoft Huey X seems to crash too easily. I drop from about two feet causes a crash. Now, that probably wouldn't be too great on the landing skids, but the helicopter would certainly continue to function, so this seems a tad unrealistic. Do I need to go into the cfg file? Or the AIR file?

Thanks,

boeing247

Any ideas? As I've grown more accustomed to the Huey, I've gotten pretty good at getting it into a nice hover, but even when I put it down slowly, it still crashes.

you can turn off crash tolerance in the realism setting or edit the aircraft.cfg, go to [contact points] for the skids and look at the 5th column for each contact point. This column defines the impact damage threshold (ft/min). bump it up and see if it cures your problem.

i personally turn off crash tolerance as i know when i make a bad landing.

i personally turn off crash tolerance as i know when i make a bad landing.

Yup, I'm with you on that one whenever I have a chopper in FSX which does dodgy crash detection. The Huey is a tough bird, anyone who has ever read Chickenhawk knows that it could be really banged onto the skids and still be just fine.

Al