Sign in to follow this  
acdelta57

Whats your CTD "story"

Just got on FSX for the first time in months. Loaded up a short flight with the PMDG J41 from KBUF-KALB.

Hard IFR weather with ice and rain + low vis. Loaded up fspax and the flight began, oh wait CTD on engine start #2....quick reset and re-loaded everything and tried again. This time everything was looking good, climbing out about 9000 left engine fire, shut down, feathered, began my diversion to KROC....Flying the entire ILS procedure by hand single engine with the procedure turn and intercepted the GS.....broke out about 500 agl runway insight...Cleared to land RWY 22(i think)...then BAM CTD!!!! HELL YES! Why do I waste my time with this. A different error this time too heres the details if anyone has any insight. Thats my rant for now :)

Faulting application name: svchost.exe_SysMain, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc3c1

Faulting module name: sysmain.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7c9db

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000004e03

Faulting process id: 0x12a8

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd41256fe431a0

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe

Faulting module path: c:\windows\system32\sysmain.dll

acdelta57,

This really belongs in the CTD forum.

You should give more information about your system specs, windows version, FSX version and so on.

On your system it seems that core windows modules, like sysmain.dll (SuperFetch), are failing and thats bad.

Your antivirus could be the culprit here, but you might try to disable SuperFetch.

If I had a problem like this, I would probably do a total reinstall of my operating system.

For me, CTDs have in the main been due to overcooking my settings (System, FSX, overclocking, excess heat generation, etc.) in the past.

I normally find that when I turn things down a bit, the problems resolve themselves.

That said, there are a number of other issues that are regularly discussed on these forums that can be the culprits too.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

whats my CTD story? been flying FSX since it was released, which one of the hundreds would you like to hear first?

Exception code: 0xc0000005

If you do a Google search on this, you will see this is an error not unique to FSX, and is in fact not caused by the APP, but is an error within the CPU that the program trips on. It can happen at any point in the application, as you can see in your example it tripped on Windows system modules not an FSX one. Possible causes are hardware error, or a overly aggressive Overclock. If you have Overclocked, I would start there!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d