Sign in to follow this  
oskrypuch

Stab trim challenge

One of the two items in the Before Takeoff checklist is Stabilizer Trim. I dutifully answer with "four point six six units", or whatever was called for, but I never get an acknowledgement. I always have to defer to the generic "Set" to get by the item.

I do set the Stab Trim (approx.), but it is never precisely what was called for, as I don't have the pop-ups to tell what the trim is. Could that be the issue?

Might I need a (very) extended pause between four point six six and units?

Perhaps something else?

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

I agree with problems w trim and was send request to Bryan earlier.. IMHO, logic of voice trimmer command need to be corrected. now i just saying 5 point 23 unit and (in additional)- SET. ) No other way for me )

Hi Orest,

Trim works.

I think the problem is you're not using the correct phraselogy.... in your example you added an extra 'six'.

Pls say it like this:

"FOUR POINT ZERO UNITS"

"FOUR POINT ONE UNITS"

"FOUR POINT SIX UNITS".

Don't say "Four point six six units"... There's no extra number.

Cheers,

OK, just checked - the docs indeed list only one digit, so I imagine it will work now, so I will round the value for now ...

However, do note that the trim setting actually has two decimals in the CDU, 4.66 is a typical value, or for example 5.05. You may wish to change the FS2Crew dialog to mesh with the actual.

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

OK, just checked - the docs indeed list only one digit, so I imagine it will work now, so I will round the value for now ...

However, do note that the trim setting actually has two decimals in the CDU, 4.66 is a typical value, or for example 5.05. You may wish to change the FS2Crew dialog to mesh with the actual.

* Orest

True, but the pilot is not going to read back that level of detail when he's looking down at trim setting by the throttle quadrant.

That would be pretty pedantic if he did :Nerd:

Not to mention almost impossible,..It's going to be almost impossible to read .66 or .05 off there.

It is pretty tough to read/set even the first decimal. Nonetheless, the target still is what is in the CDU. The 767 only gives you one decimal, IIRC.

Not a biggie, either way.

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com