Sign in to follow this  
Berzerker

Ice on Engine?

I've seen this happen a few times, where I'll be in a flight, check on it a few minutes later and something that looks like ice build-up is on the engine, as shown here: http://www.berzerk.i...06-11-06-51.png

I have the Anti-Ice on always below +10C, so I don't see how something like this could happen. Is there something else I'm missing? Graphical glitch? The engines are fully working the entire time (although I do have failures turned off).

I've had this....not all the engine textures have loaded, load a default a/c then reload the ngx

I've had this....not all the engine textures have loaded, load a default a/c then reload the ngx

I'm in mid-flight...is there a way to force a texture refresh without reloading the game?

I have never had this happen mid flight, when you select the ngx just have a look at the engines in the preview screen to make sure the engine textures are complete.

As you say, it does'nt effect the performance, its just missing textures.

You need to update your NGX... SP version?

Also be sure you applied the tweaks to FSX that has been linked here in the fora.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I was under the impression (perhaps a false one) that Engine AI only needs to be activated inflight if you are flying through weather, especially CBs.

Kristof Barocz
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If I remember correctly, I think this has something to do with switching model/livery from 'in game. I think to fix this, you can get away with loading a default FSX plane and then reloading the pmdg 737 you desire.

This has always worked for me in the past anyway.

Oliver P

I was under the impression (perhaps a false one) that Engine AI only needs to be activated inflight if you are flying through weather, especially CBs.

yes, I remember it that way too. Something like "only turn on AI if you fly through visible moisture and the TAT is below 10C."

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

When you load the flight, preview and check for yourself if it doesn't look like working, do a simple reset..it would do it..

Regards

Anoj S

yes, I remember it that way too. Something like "only turn on AI if you fly through visible moisture and the TAT is below 10C."

That is correct. We switch the AI when on the ground in heavy fog or when climbing/descending through known ice conditions/clouds and so on.( and of course if we find out where in the middle of it hehe) And regarding CB's stay way clear of those! ;-) just call out on the freq. to controller turning right/left 10/20/50/100 degrees due to weather. :-)

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg