Sign in to follow this  
cliffardus

Can I increase my Bootcamp Memory beyond 2.23 Gb?

On the advice of Robert and other helpful Members I am using Bootcamp to fly the 737 on my Apple iMac.

However as I have Windows 7 in 32 bit I'm not able to use the full potential of my 8 Gb of Memory as Bootcamp is only accessing 2.23 Gb of usable Memory.

Consequently my computer frequently hangs up after just over an hour in flight making it difficult to know whether I can complete the first tutorial of Gatwick to Schiphol with any certainty.

I'm loathe to start from scratch by buying and installing Windows 7 in 64 bit (which would provide more Memory) and am wondering whether there is an easier way to access more than the current 2.23 Gb?

I would appreciate comments.

Cliff

Hi sir,

Was running FS on an iMac 27 before getting my new rig in 2010 and actually the mac uses the same amount of memory a windows PC would use. (depending on the OS you installed via Bootcamp XP/Vista/7).

Thanks for this information that "With a 32bit OS you should be seeing around 3.5 gbs of ram and not 2.23"

Cliff