Sign in to follow this  
Stoli151

Anyone experienced with Airhauler and FSX?

I got Airhauler the other day and began the process of starting a company and importing my payware aircraft which was easy except for finding fuel consumption and range stats for each type. I then started another company only to find out that all of the planes I entered into Airhauler were no longer available and had to be reentered. Did I do something wrong? Is there a workaround that will keep me from reentering all this info every time I start a new company?

Nope, you have to enter them for each company you start because they are tracked and appear in the used aircraft sales list from time to time, so it needs to reset that stuff when you start a new company. It's a bit of a pain in the &@($*, but tht's the way it is, and as far as I'm aware, there is no way around it.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Nope, you have to enter them for each company you start because they are tracked and appear in the used aircraft sales list from time to time, so it needs to reset that stuff when you start a new company. It's a bit of a pain in the &@($*, but tht's the way it is, and as far as I'm aware, there is no way around it.

Thanks for the quick reply. That is a pain. I was just thinking I would add the them as I was ready to buy them, but if I did that, they would never show up as used aircraft. I guess I should at least hold on to the stats I found from now on. How important are the fuel consumption and range stats? Should they be pinpoint accurate or is "in the ballpark" good enough? Fuel consumption seems to be the hardest to find.

I think "in the ballpark" is good enough as you seem to find different values depending where you find them on the internet. Here is my chart I keep in my documents folder to refer to.

Plane Range (nm) Fuel Burn g/h

-----------------------------------------------------

C-130 Hercules 2360 1300

Duke Turbine 1227 66

Embraer 145LR 1650 nm 360

Pilatus PC-12 2150 60

Citation Mustang 1150 89

Airbus 319-200 3700 850

Airbus 320-200 2540 850

Airbus 321-200 2300 990

Airbus 330-200: 6400 2000

Airbus 330-300 6000 1900

Airbus 340-300 7290 2015

Airbus 340-500 7300 1930

Airbus 340-600 8100 1500

Boeing 727-100 1760 1300

Boeing 727-200 2140 1600

Boeing 737-200 1750 850

Boeing 737-300 2285 1050

Boeing 737-400 1960 850

Boeing 737-500 1580 830

Boeing 737-700 2700 830

Boeing 737-800 2940 850

B747-200 7830 3300

B747-200F 6857 3400

B747-300 6700 3200

B747-300F 4320 3500

B747-400 7190 3700

B747-400F 7830 3200

B757-200 3900 1425

B757-200F 3800 1426

B757-300 2230 1400

B767-200 6000 1340

B767-300 4145 1470

B777-200 5940 2000

B777-300 5940 2100

DC10-30F 4000 3130

MD-11F 4000 2900

AN-225 8300 3300

Ballpark is good enough. The main reason being that you pay for fuel in the game and that it works out jobs based on the range of your aircraft. But that only really comes into play game-wise when you hire pilots and assign a job to them, because they always fill the tanks to the brim. As you know, when you do it yourself, you can partially fill the tanks and get more cargo on board, even to the extent of stopping en route to refuel if you really have to, whereas the pilots you hire will not do that.

The way around that if you want a hired pilot to fly something with more cargo and less fuel, is to load and fuel the aircraft yourself, and then give the job of flying the aircraft to an airport manually as a positioning flight rather than the job, then you unload the cargo manually yourself (you don't have to be at that airport to do that), and if you do that, you also get credit for the job (muhahaha!) so it increases your reputation as though you had flown the flight yourself.

Incidentally, if you want to get your reputation up really quickly, sell your default Cessna and then buy the Aerospace FU24 Fletcher and change the job generation options to short range and small weights. You can find that FU24 in the Avsim file library for free, and it is excellent. It can carry a crapload of cargo, so you can do loads of jobs all at the same time in one flight and get your reputation up in a matter of a day or so.

Al

Alan Bradbury

I think "in the ballpark" is good enough as you seem to find different values depending where you find them on the internet. Here is my chart I keep in my documents folder to refer to

Thanks you've got a few of mine. But I just copied them all in case I get any of the other ones later. I know they have a thread on the Airhauler forum but you have to do some digging in there as well to get the stats you need.

The way around that if you want a hired pilot to fly something with more cargo and less fuel, is to load and fuel the aircraft yourself, and then give the job of flying the aircraft to an airport manually as a positioning flight rather than the job, then you unload the cargo manually yourself (you don't have to be at that airport to do that), and if you do that, you also get credit for the job (muhahaha!) so it increases your reputation as though you had flown the flight yourself.

Didn't think of that one. Thanks!

I miss AirHauler... Need to start another company..

Used to swap the default FSX Caravan with the Carenado, so I could use that first.. flew all over AK having a blast. Wasn't until I eventually hired a couple pilots and had to plan their routes that things got a bit interesting. Need to try it again.... perhaps in the PNW with the ORBX scenery.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

Al....you are just awesome lol

Thanks for the tips for airhauler..gonna try that out, especially getting the rep up because I am just a sadist I guess and I always start on hard mode and it always feels like it takes forever to get it up there.

Also..although kind of off topic..can't wait for SimAir, looks like it will be a nice addition to the airhauler type game.

Chancy Law

Al

Just one more question. Does weather affect your AI pilots? For instance if I had less than a mile vis at some grass strip(I use ASE) and I needed to get a load there, would I be better served to send an AI pilot and cheat a little or will I have to wait for better conditions. Or will AH not allow me to send the AI pilot?

Nah, weather won't affect the AI guys and girls, runway length will though

Al

Alan Bradbury

I have never noticed weather effecting my pilots in AH; In fact, I would bring my laptop to work and keep them busy flying when I was away from the desktop. (new laptop now, don't have everything back on it yet lol).

As far as I can tell, when you are connected your companies flights are injected into FSX and treated just like AI aircraft. Which, much to my annoyance, means they land in any type of weather. I would love to see AI (and myself for that matter) have to hold or be diverted to another airport due to weather.

Chancy Law

Well, if you are a sadist, you could divert.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Actually..if its not too off topic..any experience on how the CS 737-200 and 707 work with airhauler and cargo/fuel. I have to admit I was drooling a little bit wathcing the video of the cargo pallets being loaded in the planes lol.

I have flown the pmdg J41 (loooove that plane btw) with airhauler quite a bit and although it works, its a little tricky, and you just pretend there is cargo behind you.

Chancy Law

Not tried the CS 737 in it, I know the CS 707 is good in it.

Al

Alan Bradbury