Sign in to follow this  
crowebird

Break axis help

Hey guys, could not find anything yet. With the update, rudder break axis seems to be working, my only problem is they are reversed. Not pressed and my breaks are on full, pressed and they release. I tried toggling the reverse axis just to see if it helped anything and it fixed my right break axis, but not my left (and now my elevator axis was reversed).

Any quick fix?

Thanks!

Same situation Logitec 3D joystick. When I map the brakes to separate buttons I get ZIPPO braking.

Same question as above....is there an auto rudder brake on each axis?

I have to use the default setting just to get any brakes.

Hey guys, could not find anything yet. With the update, rudder break axis seems to be working, my only problem is they are reversed. Not pressed and my breaks are on full, pressed and they release. I tried toggling the reverse axis just to see if it helped anything and it fixed my right break axis, but not my left (and now my elevator axis was reversed).

Double check the "reverse" settings again is all I can suggest.

But where are you reversing them? In Flight or in the software for your devices?

Use Flight's "reverse" setting if that is not what you are doing.

Reversing the brake axis in Flight should not do anything to your elevator. Check your settings again.

Same situation Logitec 3D joystick. When I map the brakes to separate buttons I get ZIPPO braking.

Are you mapping buttons to the brake button commands? Or an axis to the axis commands?

Because if you are mixing those up, it won't work.

Same question as above....is there an auto rudder brake on each axis?

I don't think I understand what you are asking.

But there is no auto rudder braking if you are using axis brakes. That is for single-button brakes.

I was able to map left and right to two different buttons but I didn' t notice any braking when I tried them while taxiing.

It seems as though the left and right brake designations have been automatically assigned to the Z axis and are in use when turning the rudder while taxiing.

When you use the reverse check mark in Flight the axis for the throttle and joystick are also reversed. They need to change the programming for the brake axis

Do not use the "Invert joystick axis" check box at the top. Instead, rebind the joystick axis for the brake and when you do that there will be a check box to invert just that control. You probably have to do it for both right and left brakes.

Do not use the "Invert joystick axis" check box at the top. Instead, rebind the joystick axis for the brake and when you do that there will be a check box to invert just that control. You probably have to do it for both right and left brakes.

I did it just like you posted..still no brakes.

Make sure you choose "Left Brake (Axis)" and "Right Brake (Axis)", not the ones that read "Left Brake" and "Right Brake". The (Axis) ones have "reverse" check boxes right in their popup dialogs. Click those on.

Same outcome. Still no left or right braking.

Hello

Are you trying to map buttons or an analogue Axis (potentiometers) ?

If buttons then you need to use Left and Right brakes.

If mapping an analogue axis then you need to use the Left and Right Brake Axis boxes and this is where you will find the invert tick box