Sign in to follow this  
6FingerSays

AI traffic for Low end system?

I have a low end system... Like i5 3 GB of RAM @2.2 Ghz. I love ai traffic, like alot of it. Where at airports I am waiting for all the planes to takeoff before me for like 15 minutes.

I have WOAI traffic, but woai has a huge hit on my frames when traffic is above like 20%. I currently have mine on 12%, but thats not really realistic. Ultimate traffic still has FPS issues. Does anyone know of a program of ai traffic for a low end system that does not have such a huge hit on frames?

Thank you!

Summer

An i5 at 2.2 GHz is not exactly a low-end system, something else must be wrong with your rig. Are you running it in a laptop? If so, try to use, at least Balanced power plan. You may try using MyTraffic 2006 (or it was 2005) for FS9, which went freeware last year, but sincerely, I'm not expecting too much comparing with WOAI.

Best regards from Colombia,

Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Hmm, everyone else has seen it as a low end system... But it's weird ill usually get like 40 fps but with traffic at 60% I am down to like 15.... I dunno what is the problem

Exactly which CPU model and GPU do you have? People may be judging you by 2012's standards; however, FS9 is from 2003! I used to run FS9 in a P4 1.6 GHz, in detailed airports I barely kept 5 FPS, but didn't want to give up with AI. 2 desktops and 3 laptops later, I have an i5 2435M laptop, a very basic Intel GPU and no worries at all.

Best regards from Colombia,

Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

A I5 @ 2.2 is actually not very strong...FS9 , like FSX, is CPU bound mostly....

Memory is fair, depending on its speed... BUT..Is it a laptop with intergrated graphics ?

I build FSX computers, and through all my trails and discovery never use anything but I7 or Intel older socket 775 Overclocked duals or Quads.

The i5 was put out as a basic office type fairly good multi-tasking chip...

Is yours a Quad ? or in a laptop ?

Are you also using highly-detailed sceneries for your airports? These will also cause a big frame-rate hit.

Be careful about the models you use for your AI traffic. In particular, are you using any flyable aircraft as AI planes, other than the relatively frame-rate friendly defaults? Just a few of these can take a lot of computer power.

What graphics card are you using, and have you made sure to suspend things like virus scans?

Hi, sorry for delayed response.... been working so much!

Luis, I am actually not sure about my CPU and stuff... this is an older desktop that was my brothers.

-Mason, I am actually looking to invest in a computer for running FS9 and FSX... could you build one for me? :D :D (Inbox me)

-Captain barfbag (Love the name XD) My computer handles complex sceneries rather well... but I experimented upping my AI traffic to 30% and that seems to be inbetween what I was looking for and still save frames.

I think I have integrated graphics but Im not sure.... and yes virus scans do not run on their own :)