Sign in to follow this  
nicolas83

Bright night textures (UT Europe?)

Hi, noticed a long time ago on a night flight over Europe that I have very bright night textures between cities and villages. For example:

http://i44.tinypic.com/29m877k.jpg

The fields are all very bright. I think in real life you cant see any fields on the ground which are not illuminated. Does anybody know if I can change it? Thank you very much, Nicolas

Nature of the beast, Its like that with all textures.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Guest firehawk44

Noticed where you asked this same question last November and got only one response then. I will try to improve upon that one response. First of all, are you using default textures or do they belong to a commercial addon like GEX - Europe and/or Ultimate Terrain X - Europe. If you don't have them, the latter two programs might fix this issue. Maybe just a simple thing like changing the brightness of your monitor might help. GEX - Europe replaces your default day/night textures and UTX - Europe provides the landclass that tells FSX what textures to load for a particular grid or area. I would assume it would be very difficult to cover all of Europe and figure out where all the really dark landclass is located and where areas should be lit up. Cities and towns are easy but there are lots of suburbs now. Try doing a Google or Bing search for 'bright night textures fsx' and you'll get a lot of hits on this subject and maybe some recommendations for fixing your particular problem. Good luck!

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim,

thanks for your answer and for your advices. I use UT Europe and I have done many researches on Google but never found any solution for that. My problem is also not the brightness of my screen. The problem is all the fields between the many villages look like they were illuminated bei any kind of artificial light. In reality I think from a plane at night you cannot see anything than black at night expeckt for the city lights. If I do a flight over europe everything on the ground looks like a big illuminated world, expect for the forrests. They are nearly dark (I know complete darkness is not possible in FSX). For example night flights over Australia with the ORBX scenery are great. I already have given up finding a solution for that, or I just dont fly over europe at night, but last time I arrived in europe at darkness from a long flight from Asia I thought I'll giv it another try finding something to solve it. ;-)

But as already said, thanks for your advices, unfortunately nothing of that helped. If anybody knows something I would be happy.

Nice evening together ;-)

Nicolas

You should post at flight1 UT Europe forum looks to me its the texture itself which means nothing you can do about it but anyway head on over to flight1 forum they shoul be able to explain this to you, good luck.

Rich Sennett

Where were you flying?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png