Sign in to follow this  
RoboRay

Inland water

It just occurred to me how much we used to complain about the lakes in Hawaii, how they looked bad because the seemed to be using the same wave textures used for the open ocean.

I haven't thought that once about the lakes in Alaska. Why not? Are they looking better, or am I just used to it? So I grabbed some pictures to compare.

Hawaii:

pa3kP.jpg

81OG9.jpg

Alaska:

uD8Be.jpg

Mx2rc.jpg

0ZFLV.jpg

Thoughts?

Hi,

I'm kind of wondering also. Check this:

1682012_6_27_16_38_2_102.jpg

Looks like there was an ice jam in the river and there's debris on the banks.

I landed at a small airport just east of Nome. I had mixed weather and there was a small lake adjacent to the runway and the water looked like a small bit of ocean was in it. Seemed a tad much.

7912012_6_27_20_18_35_452.jpg

Doesn't show up well in a still image. I've noticed this about Flight; still images don't always capture the impression the scenery gives when it's in motion. If I had to choose I'd go with motion.

Jim F.

I landed at a small airport just east of Nome. I had mixed weather and there was a small lake adjacent to the runway and the water looked like a small bit of ocean was in it. Seemed a tad much.

Doesn't show up well in a still image. I've noticed this about Flight; still images don't always capture the impression the scenery gives when it's in motion. If I had to choose I'd go with motion.

I noticed that with my screenshots. While flying over it, the water in Hawaii lakes looked pretty bad, while the water in the Alaska lakes looked much more natural. Yet, in the screenshots, the difference seems much less.

Watch out for standing water right next to the runways. I landed (badly) at Sitka (or some where near by) and one wheel went off the edge of the runway, caught in what looked like a small stream and fliped the aircraft over. Pretty realistic I suppose, and I guess in AK water could pretty much be anywhere.

When flying low over the water in Alaska I get the feeling that I can see it moving. I think they do it with light and reflections, but not sure. But it is more impressive then the Hawaii water effects and I throught that looked really good at the time. Or is it just my immagination.

Watch out for standing water right next to the runways. I landed (badly) at Sitka (or some where near by) and one wheel went off the edge of the runway, caught in what looked like a small stream and fliped the aircraft over. Pretty realistic I suppose, and I guess in AK water could pretty much be anywhere.

On my way to Sitka now. I'll watch out for that. I was just taxing out to the runway at Juneau for takeoff, and hit one of the taxiway marker signs and almost totaled the Stearman.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310