Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Inertial navigation system, is it easy 2 Learn?

It is awesome !

The INS in the SSTSIM is made by http://www.simufly.com/ins/

It is very authentic. That does mean there is a bit of a learning curve involved, but is you want really accuate simulation this is the a/c and navigation system for you.

I do suggest you print out some of the Civa INS documentation and spend an evening reading up on it. Once you understand it you wont forget!

If you have any questions, post on the SSTSIM forum and I will help you there.

Peter

Peter Schluter

The CIVA INS unit is very authentic. As has been mentioned there is a small learning curve involved but the actual basic operation of it is relatively straight forward. I am not sure if the Flight 1 Concorde has the ADEU unit in it or not. Basically you can create flight plans and recall them via this unit. It saves having to enter the waypoints manually every time. There is a small program available called Conv2adeu which will convert FS plans to ADEU format. It is very simple and most useful. I export my flight plan from Vroute in FS2004 format and then run the Conv2adeu to enter it in the ADEU. From then on when you use the INS unit you can scroll thru the flightplans available and enter that route into the INS. Things can get a little tricky when doing position updates but the manual explains this well. It certainly adds to the authenticity of the operation of these types of aircraft.

Cheers

Steve Hall

That Bird is awsome and I now know why the flight deck crew are at work for about one hour prior to take off and they ain't chatting lol. I have had that aircraft for about 3 years I believe but still have not mastered it fully. Go for it and heed the advice Peter gave. Can you let me know how your frame rates are with Concord please, if you have time..............John