Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCaptain

Taxi on 1 engine?

For me it's a case of trial and error. I change the value for idle then test........... until I am satisfied.

Fair enough. That's how a lot of tweaks are done in FS after all ;)

Had a look at the idle thrust curve and tweaked it so that the aircraft nicely holds about 18kts in idle (medium weight on concrete surface*)

*Although all the main runway surfaces are the same friction in my Sim1.dll anyway

Thanks for the tip.

Geoff

1. Start with the modified sim1.dll as Egbert has suggested - it makes a world of difference.

2. Adjust the idle thrust in the air file - It is in section 1506 - adjust the value for 25% N1 (maybe also for 20% and 30% , depending)

I have replaced the sim1.dll and adjusted idle thrust on all my aircraft and taxiing is now a pleasure.

I've tried this before and all that happens is a CTD on loading the menus?? Could you send me the DLL that you have installed?

Hm. There are aircraft that nearly force you to taxi on a left or on one right engine.

One example that I have experienced so far in a simulator is the CRJ. This jet has enough power to blow you out of the average twy when both engines are used to taxi.

But I did never experience a simulator limitation, not in fs9 and not in fsx. Both simulators are fine when it comes to individually define the engine starting sequence, #3 - #1 - #2 or #2 - #1 or #1 - #2, this is not a simulator limitation, this is your (or your airlines) choice.

:-)

Hm. There are aircraft that nearly force you to taxi on a left or on one right engine.

Please immediately remove all of your side bar "interests". That is over the top. Condense it to Interests: "Music"