Sign in to follow this  
autopilot

Two Simple Questions about B747-428?

Here in the image (look the URL) I've given Fuel and Payload before flying the Aircraft:

http://postimage.org/image/45on44zy3/

Here in this image, I've done some tick marks, specially which I've highlighted in yellow color. Look at this and tell me what's wrong?

http://postimage.org/image/5snjtrlyp/

I usually, land at Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad, Heathrow and New York Airports using these settings and this airplane.

I would definitely turn off "Unlimited Fuel"

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Turn off "unlimited fuel" (your tanks are filled up again after having burnt all fuel on board), because it might also lead to way too high landing weights.

Furthermore, I'd suggest to fill your tanks according to the predicted fuel usage (given in the flight planner) plus some more for safety (maybe 5-10%more).

What should be:

Speed (in NM) at 3000AGL (after catching G/L) ?

Speed at 2000AGL (after catching G/L) ?

Speed at 1000AGL (after catching G/L) ?

Speed at 500AGL (after catching G/L) ?

and on what AGL Altitude and speed should we turn off Auto Throttle and Autopilot?

not sure about this, but I'd say you should definitely be below 200kts at 3000ft AGL.

Regarding the second question: That depends very much on weather and visibility, but in VMC I switch AP/AT off before reaching 1000ft AGL, while at minimal required visibility I let AP take my plane right to the RWY threshold. (Not sure if that's real world standard, though)

AP, seems like the community awaits your reports on the next landing with a large bit of that fuel gone. :smile: