Sign in to follow this  
FLAPS15

Cockpit Zoom Settings

Fellow Pilots,

I need some help please, although I have set the VC Cockpit view to .60 as recommended I note that this make the outside world also zooms out by that amount which gives a very unrealistic view e.g on the ground other aircraft look far off.

Is there any way I can keep the cockpit at .60 and the oiutside say at .90 or even 1.00?

For info I use ECZA to do all my view shots around the cockpit, any help greatly welcomed!

ManyThanks

Hi,

for my setup .6 gives a very wide field of view. I use something around .9 in combination with TrackIR and EZCA to look around which looks and feels pretty natural to me (on a 24" widescreen).

One effect of a wide field of view is that objects look far away and apart whereas a smaller field of view tends to compress distances (just compare a fisheye or wideangle lens shot to a telephoto, say of a sporting event, if that's any help :-) ) Don't think you can change that principle within the sim, plus it would look extremely weird.

Chris, Thanks for the quick reply, as I thought a limitation with within the sim no doubt and yes it would look weird, but like you say .60 maked the outside world to far away and not life like.

I do not have TrackIR ( they need to make it wireless) anymore only EZCA so limit views to Hat switch I to have a 24 inch screen and will have to set I think at about between .85 and .95 for realistic views I was trying to look o youtube to see exactly how far pilots sit away from the main panel but it is hard to gauge.

Time to fly!!

I use .70 and I move my eye position forward a tad with EZDOK.

Any further away and I get fish eye, any closer and I feel like my face is smashed against the dash.

You can also try moving your seat back by depressing and holding the "ctrl" key then taping the "enter" key 5-10 times. Be careful to not move it back too far as you lose ability of the control knobs. To move it back you again depress and hold the "ctrl" key then tap the "backspace" key.Maybe then you can adjust the zoom to .7 or possibly less. It is what I do. Best wishes!

KRouner

I think it is whatever works best for you. Everyone has different setups, so everyone's settings are gonna be different. Set it to whatever you like the best.

Guest Mik75

I am using 0.40 here on a 24" widescreen with wideangleview set to off in the FSX.cfg. Works very good for me.

I am using 0.40 here on a 24" widescreen with wideangleview set to off in the FSX.cfg. Works very good for me.

Why would you turn off wideviewaspect when you have a widescreen monitor?

Guest Mik75

Because the wide angle is too wide, at least for my taste, with it set to on, even at 1.00. And, there is a noticeable performance drop on my older machine.