Sign in to follow this  
HighFlyerPL185

Unhappy with framerates - please help

Bojotes tweaks are only a starting point, you will need to do some reading than change a few settings. FSx default Ai are a frame hog. you are better off getting some add on AI. Otherwise like everyone else, its just down to trying one thing at a time till you find what best for your machine

What about World of AI?

would that be whats killing my frames?

@severniae: Hey, I have actually used an empty version of the fsx.cfg and only applied AffinityMask=14 to it, and the result was exact the same

I personally use 255 in that value - It ensures that FSX uses my entire CPU. I've also got hyper-threading disabled - I don't really have any programs that make good use of it so I save some heat and power by having it switched off!

I've just cast my eye over your CFG - you probably should get more, however the mega sceneries do take A LOT of performance - I can get Heathrow X Extreme to run fine, but I have to turn autogen completely off and have quite a few settings turned right down. And my latest computer beats your spec by a mile...... I just have a few saved profiles depending on where I'm flying - Have it set for max settings when in less complex areas, and have a low settings profile for when using areas like heathrow xtreme or any other hi-detail scenery - Old programs don't run well on new computer hardware - Fact.

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Hey, thanks, finally some light in the tunnel, there has been a slight improvement, I can reach out 25-30FPS. However, this isn't constant and it keeps stuttering. Once it's 7FPS, once it's 28FPS, the other time it's 19FPS. I have made the 1/2 Refresh rate on Nvidia Inspector as instructed in the topic, since my monitor has a rate of 60Hz. I have also noticed that the FPS drop quite a bit when I move the camera around. Any suggestions?

Simply stick FSX framerate in-sim to unlimited and set Vert Synch Forced ON in nVidea Inspector, and set Framerate Limiter to ON and set at 30FPS.

That half-limiter is very dodgy.

Welcome to FSX - where even the best PC on the planet can't run it well.

Stick to FS9 for airliners.... Done !