Sign in to follow this  
FatIgor

Landing bug

I was running a clandestine cargo job, to Jakolof Bay in Alaska, and when I got there I came in to land. (Obviously).

And when I was still in the air about to touch down, it popped up the ( B ) to shut down (Q) for checklist menu. Which rather surprised me.

Only big bug I've noticed so far.

I've seen that one once myself, and other people mentioned seeing it in beta. It doesn't affect your ability to complete the mission, thank goodness, and since the game thinks you've already landed it doesn't matter much if you botch the landing (miss the runway, for example, which normally forces you to go around and try again). Seems to be a very rare bug.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Here's another (new to me) landing-related bug that does affect your ability to complete a job.

Fly a job, and land on any airport other than your destination. (I discovered it when I accidentally landed on a taxi area of one of those generic, small Alaskan airports, instead of the runway proper.) When you do that, Flight asks if you are going to take off again and complete the mission, or if you're stuck there.

Immediately after you select the option to take off, Flight pops up the "Mission Failed" message and kills the mission. It did not do this in Hawaii, before the recent title update. Back then you could pick the option to take off and continue the mission as intended.

Flight asks if you are going to take off again and complete the mission, or if you're stuck there.

Immediately after you select the option to take off, Flight pops up the "Mission Failed"

That sounds like no matter where you thought you clicked, Flight interpreted it as "I'm stuck." I've seen posts where people had problems with the mouse not being where they thought it should be, and the had to click a different place on the screen to get it to work. Is there any chance of this in your game?

Hook

Larry Hookins

I've landed midway to get fuel on several Jobs in Alaska and have had no trouble selecting "Take off again" and continuing on after refueling.

I've skimmed the surface of the water numerous times :lol: and gotten that alert, and have always been able to press 1 and continue the flight. Once, out of curiosity, I pressed 2 and ended the flight (Mission failed). and perhaps that is what happened to the person above by mistake. :blink:

Best regards.

Luis

Flight asks if you are going to take off again and complete the mission, or if you're stuck there.

Immediately after you select the option to take off, Flight pops up the "Mission Failed"

I think I know what happened. When you landed, your passenger asked, "Are we stopping here?" The options are:

1. Yes, I'm taking off again.

2. No, I'm stuck.

If you answer the passengers "Are we stopping here?" question with option 2, "No", you'll fail the mission. That would be a very easy mistake to make.

Hook

Larry Hookins

If that's actually the way it's worded, that should be reported as a defect. The passenger should ask "Are we taking off again?" or the "yes" menu option needs to say "no" and vice versa.

Or better yet, remove the "Yes" and "No" from the selections, leaving just:

1. I'm taking off again.

2. I'm stuck here.

I don't know if every passenger asks the same question. But I agree that the "Yes" and "No" should be removed from the menu.

Hook

Larry Hookins

It's not the pax's question, it's more the like game is asking. However, mouse clicking does not work for answering the query, so it's not a mouse issue. You can only hit the 1 or 2 key. And, it's entirely possible that I hit the wrong key (2 instead of 1) twice in a row :-) I'll recheck.