Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magnus Pihl

IOCARDS? What do I need?

Hi,

Until today I have been using iFLY + IOCARDS + SIOC. It works quite well.

I have made the SIOC script myself, and would like to edit it to work with PMDG instead.

Can someone give me a link to a thread or website about how to interface (offsets to all PMDG switches, leds and so on) to PMDG via SIOC? Maybe I also need some interface program, except the obvious FSUIPC and SIOC.

BR,

Magnus

Hello Magnus!

I also want to build a homecockpit based on the NGX. I have done some research the last days and the software problem should be solved now.

Outputs:

The new FSUIPC version includes offsets (only reading) for the NGX. Download the new FSUIPC version and see the relating PDF-File.

Inputs:

Inputs can be done with "custom controls" in FSUIPC. You have to assign a button and selct "custom controls" in the drop down menu. Then open the PMDG_NGX_SDK.h-file. When you scroll down, you can see the numbers you have to use (e.g. THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 1 for the BAT switch). So you have to add 1 to 69632. This is the control which the button will send. See also this post.

Regards

David

Edit: It is important, that you set a parameter. E.g. 1 for On and 0 for Off. I am not sure what parameters a switch with three postions has, but I will ask in another post.

Inputs:

Inputs can be done with "custom controls" in FSUIPC. You have to assign a button and selct "custom controls" in the drop down menu. Then open the PMDG_NGX_SDK.h-file. When you scroll down, you can see the numbers you have to use (e.g. THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 1 for the BAT switch). So you have to add 1 to 69632. This is the control which the button will send. See also this post.

Regards

David

Edit: It is important, that you set a parameter. E.g. 1 for On and 0 for Off. I am not sure what parameters a switch with three postions has, but I will ask in another post.

Hi

I have found that you need the binary number in the parameter box, i will check if nr 1 or 0 will but it did not work for me but i will check it :)

Sorry for steal the thread but I want to have a comment from somebody who is in the same situation as me!

Have done a project with a lot of switches and need something to inputs to pmdg 737ngx and find this card: FDS-SYS2X High Capacity (128Input Card)!

My question is: does it work without problem or is IOcard better suitted for the aircraft?

Best Fredrik

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i7 - 8700K, Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING, 16GB RAM and Asus GTX1080

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. 

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

17%
    $4,475.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now