Sign in to follow this  
swadeep

Struggling with autobrakes disarm. Please help.

Hey guys. I have just moved on from fs9 to FSX for about a week now and did 4-5 flights on NGX already. I really am in love with it. However I usually set autobrakes at 2 and after landing the brakes always go to disarm even though I didn't tap brakes at all. Been flying pmdg 737 and ifly 737 in fs9 for ages and never had any problem. I researched on forums also and I tried calibrating again and tried via FSUIPC also and even reset it but nothing seems to work. Can someone please help me? Would really appreciate your help. I am using Logitech G490 by the way.

One weird thing is that even since before in fs9 when I start the sim I need to click calibrate within the sim and move rudder in one full direction and the cross line just moved to bottom right instead of centre. When I don't do this sometimes rudder doesn't work well. Not sure why.

Hope someone can help me please so I can enjoy this beauty fully!

Thanks

Swadeep

Your toe brakes are engaged. Try setting a null zone, and maximize the sensitivity in the FSX options

If you have FSUIPC registered, you need to disable the calibration for left and right brakes.

Spikes sent to the hardware trigger a toebrake depress which either disables autobrakes early or prevents them from ever engaging on touchdown.

How about the issue of the brakes slamming on when the first officer selects auto brake selector to off, after landing?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Hi. Thanks for your replies. I did read somewhere about disabling the left and right brakes calibration. I actually tried it and it seemed to work when I tried one quick landing but then the next day it stopped working again. I'll give it a go again and report back. Any recommendations to how much null zones should be set? I will also move the sensitivities all the way to the right.

Hope I can solve this problem soon....

Thanks

Swadeep

It only worked one day because the calibration resets between fsx boots.

You have to go into the fsuipc Config file an d manually delete the brake calibration line code.

Actually try max sensitivity and zero null zone first, I think that's what fixed it for me, if not it was maybe a 10% null zone (I use FSUIPC for controls now)

Thanks for the replies. I'll try the null zones and sensitivities as suggested when I get home from work and will report. Also does this mean I have to delete calibration every time I fly ngx? Will this be same for other aircrafts too like pmdg747x or is it the case with 737ngx only?

Thanks

Swadeep