Sign in to follow this  
dskviator

Headlight Beams on XP10 Traffic

I remember seeing videos where the headlights from road traffic could be seen during the evenings. In my sim, i can see that they are on, but I don't see those light beams on the roads. And I kinda remember seeing them in the demo.

Must've been some setting I turned off or turned down in rendering. Anybody know what that setting might be?

Cheers and thanks!!

Charan

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

hey Charan,

I have the demo and yes I can see those headlights on the roads, but I don't yet have the full game so I don't know, have you tried just putting up the general graphics, as this is part of the x-plane world and may be included if you put the graphics higher.

One other thing though, how long is the time limit on the x-plane demo, and is it possible to reset the timer on the demo.

Thanks, Dom

Hi Dom,

the demo is 10mts long and if you restart it again, it's 10 mts long. I think you can run it as long as it won't but each time you start it, it won't run more than 10mts.

As for the gx settings, that's exactly what I am trying to find out. I have figured out a usable setting which has the Carenado C208 without stutters in night traffic and panel lighting on. I want to know which parameter to adjust to see those night lights...no biggie, I love flying in the dusk/night setting on XP10 especially on slow flights, it just brings the world to life, that headlight beams might just be a good candy to look at while flying.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

ah ha...I hope it doesn't run fps into the grnd...thx for the tip, I will give it a shot!!

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot

Cheers guys, that road lighting is wicked..I love it.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot