Sign in to follow this  
trevorbee

Shame to waste it.

My impression is that the majority of people who have invested in Flight believe that it is superior to all other PC flight simulators in at least three respects. I.e. best graphics, best flight dynamics, best performance ‘out of the box’.

Therefore, although it has had a very short lifespan, I think it remains a valuable commodity, which at some stage needs to be dusted off and developed into a next generation sim, including all the bells and whistles that flight simulation enthusiasts want.

OK, so we are not the target audience that Microsoft had in mind. Nevertheless, we are customers prepared to pay real money for a flightsim that meets our requirements.

I personally find it hard to believe that Microsoft cannot make a whole lot more revenue out of a sim built up of pay-as-you-go DLC, as compared to the one off price of a boxed game that they have sold to us in the past.

Perhaps we just need to give MS time to get over their current difficulties. However, if they really have washed their hands of flight simulation then I would suggest that other developers should regard Flight as the standard to be met or exceeded when considering the development of the next generation Flightsim.

One of the problems with flight is that it is a game and nobody took it seriously. Flight dynamics? Where?

The major problem was probably what killed it, and that was being a closed platform which MS wanted to control. It just won't work. I used flight for ~30 minutes, enough to be awarded with the wooden bra or whatever that thing was. I was actually shocked to be "treated like a kid" from what i expected to be some sort of a simulator and uninstalled it to never go back.

As far as graphics are concerned, there really isn't much improvement over FSX. It is better but not that better.

I expect X-Plane to be the next big sim in a few (long) years, but for now and for all aviation needs, FSX suits just fine.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

The major problem was probably what killed it, and that was being a closed platform which MS wanted to control

I actually doubt that this was their intention in the long run. But they obviously failed to get the third party devs on board (not really surprising) and they could not do it on their own.

Do we really need yet another topic about this? No, we don't.