Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lateagain

NZNI Stratford dawn departure & a change of destination Part 1

Too early really but if we want those shots of Mt Egmont at dawn...

Check out that light!

Well I'm "legal" but Gypsy major don't fail me now!

That Suns coming up fast..

Looks like the 4:30 start was on the button...

Oh looking good..

Great so glad we did that, now lets head for the coast

There's New Plymouth so we'll skirt the zone and head North

Incredible how the colours change as the Sun gets above the haze

Looks like Mokau down there so we need to look for Taharoa

Hmm there it is. Should have checked that out No breakfast there?

Lets push on to Raglan, Nothing at the field but a short walk to some breakfast hopefully?

Geoff

Geoff Brown

A busy sky and great scenery!

HLJAMES

What scenery is this? Just look at that dense autogen!

Hi Sacha,

My "Fantasy Flying Tour of North Island New Zealand" is to explore the latest from ORBX ....rather unsurprisingly called New Zealand North Island.

If you're not familiar with ORBX you can find out about their products here. http://fullterrain.com/

Also be sure to visit "The Unofficial ORBX Forum" which you'll find in the Commercial Support Forums (Official and Unofficial) section. ORBX's official forum has preety tight rules so those of us who wanted to discuss wider issues involving their product and create screenshots for our mutual enjoyment are posting here.

My aim in creating these shots was to share with other FTX users images of areas that don't appear on the selection used to promote the add-on ....warts and all.

I need to state that I own all current FTX scenety regions and a handful of the airfield add-oms that they've released.

If you visit their site you'll find a fully operational "Demo Area" of their PNW add-on. They also have freeware airield add-ons downloadable so you can test the product on your rig.

ORBX isn't (IMHO) perfect but it's the best compromise that I've found for "Low and Slow or BUSH pilots". Photoreal is excellent for Jet Jocks but below 5000' it can look flat and featureless (depending on the area). ORBX have produced a "half way house" (my opinion) with some "airfield" add-ons including a higher detailed photoreal with custom autogen area around the field. This is the best possible combination but obviously, as with all high density scenery areas it depends on what you can run?

BTW ORBX are amongst the first to make their add-ons Prepar3D useable and if you buy their stuff they provide the necessary tools to use it in that sim too.

NO sales pitch here. I like it. You may not?

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Hi Sacha,

My "Fantasy Flying Tour of North Island New Zealand" is to explore the latest from ORBX ....rather unsurprisingly called New Zealand North Island.

If you're not familiar with ORBX you can find out about their products here. http://fullterrain.com/

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

and thanks for your HU! I do mostly low and slow stuff so it looks like I'll opt in once ORBX gets started on my area = Europe starting with UK.

Cheers,

Sascha

Sascha Rieger | EVO Developer

EvoWings_vs.jpg

What is EVO How to get Evo 2016 FS9 Evolution Forum

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,530.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now