Sign in to follow this  
Nigellgh

G1000_config.xml and TIT gauge.

In the Carenado G1000.pdf it states "NOTE: Defaults for startup values of most these setting can be changed in the G1000_config.xml file.". OK, Fine but where is this G1000_config.xml file? I know how to edit XML if I can find it. All I want to do is set up some default to save me having to change the map settings every time I load the aircraft.

Any help please?

Also has anyone found the TIT gauge has stopped working, mine has I only noticed it when using the lean assistant. the digits work but the slider is stuck on zero.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Nigel

Microsoft Games/ Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ Gauges / CAR_G1000 RAR/cab file.

Thanks for that. BUT how do you get the edited file back into the cab please! I managed to extract the file (using WinRAR) and edit it to set new defaults but I do not seem to be able to get it back in the cab file.

Help please.

It seems that Carenado don't make it very easy to set defaults for this plane, it's a shame because it is a good plane. Carenado should make the xml file more accessable if they want people to be able to set new defaults as suggested in the manual!!!

Help please.

You likely do not need to put it back into the .CAB file. Try placing it in this model's panel folder, and/or place it in the FSX gauges folder. You may need to do that with both the G1000_config.xml file and perhaps identify the Carenado G1000 file itself and position it accordingly. Someone else correct me please if this is wrong.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks fppilot, I had already contacted Carenado support about the G1000_config.xml file before your post and got this reply, quote

You could just create a folder in the gauges folder with that same file name "CAR_G1000", copy every file in the .cab file in there and then make all the necessary modifications. Don't forget to delete or remove the CAR_G1000.cab file from that folder (we advice to make a backup of said file before attempting to make any alterations).

end quote.

I have tried it and it works! But do do do move the CAR_G1000.cab file somewhere safe to back it up.

Best regards,

Nigel