Sign in to follow this  
Air France

Active Sky 2012 Help

So i am at KFLL where right know there is bad weather and rain and yet in FSX its white cloud not too crazy. Whats wrong? Thanks!

v5eotk.jpg

I just flew in there from Atlanta and landed around 330pm local time in a torrential rainstorm with 25mph gusts. I didn't see 9L till I was 300 ft. AGL.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Here I just flew into KFXE.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

So why would it be doing that then?

I don't know. Must be settings. I can post my settings from my .ini file in the Active Sky forum. The wx from Accuweather had said 300 ft. overcast.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

If that happens restart AS2012. A couple months ago sometimes if I left Active Sky open after restarted FSX the weather wouldn't sync up and just restarting it would fix the problem.

Launch ActiveSky and let it do its' thing then load FSX with the AS button.

I've had a lot of problems getting the correct weather and clouds myself, but I've found that if I let AS load and stabilize I then press the "Refresh Weather" button and then it seems to work better. I tried this at KMSY this morning and at first I had clear skies and no wind which I knew was wrong. I then refreshed the weather and came up with moderate rain, winds 280 at 50 gusting to 70. This was pretty close to the NOAA reports.

Also, I found that if I minimized AS to the task bar, it would shut down and I wouldn't have anything but clear skies and no wind in FSX. I tried minimizing AS to the system tray, and it worked as it should.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I only use historical weather so I always load Active Sky after my flight has been loaded in and find that it works the best for me. The only time I've had issues was when I left AS open and restarted FSX.

I don't know. Must be settings. I can post my settings from my .ini file in the Active Sky forum. The wx from Accuweather had said 300 ft. overcast.

Dave

If you are using the DWC mode please post your .ini file and the FSXOptions.cfg file in the Active Sky forum.

Thank you

Michael Cubine

That what I meant by the ini file. The FSXOptions.cfg. I'll post it up now.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png