Sign in to follow this  
larrywell

Wing texture

Hello,

This is a question for the many repainters of the ngx. What are the wings texture files inside the paint kit? and how to modify the registration plate inside the cockpit?because a friend of mine is trying to make me some repaints but he doesn't find that to put the registration and airline name.

Thank's for your help!

Larry Well.

It has been a while since I painted my last ngx, but I believe that the registrations are located in the alpha channel of the texture files.

Hello,

This is a question for the many repainters of the ngx. What are the wings texture files inside the paint kit? and how to modify the registration plate inside the cockpit?because a friend of mine is trying to make me some repaints but he doesn't find that to put the registration and airline name.

Thank's for your help!

Larry Well.

Larry,

For the cockpit registration, do the following steps in Photoshop:

1. Open the PSD file. Use the text tool and edit the original PMDG registration to the new one.

2. Copy the layer and name it white text.

3. Use "Color Overlay" for the layer and add a white color overlay. That fixes the text itself.

4. Add a new layer and call it black background. Color the whole layer black.

5. Position the white text above the black layer so you see the new white registration against the black layer. Merge the 2 new layers together.

6. Copy that combined new layer with the black background and white text and paste it in the alpha channel layer replacing what was originally there.

7. Go back to the regular layers and hide or delete the extra layers you made so all you see is the gray background with the original text you first edited (chiseled look).

8. Flatten the image and save like you normally would and you're done.

For the wing decals, you have to use the wing decals PSD file and it's basically the same process, excpet that the master layers you see after you do your editing is just the clear background with the registration in black. Don't leave those other alignment layers visible. You still have to make the black background with white text like the process above for the alpha layer. It's always easier to copy a layer and edit it than type a new one that you have to align. Once you're done a couple it's old hat after that.

Steve

Larry,

For the cockpit registration, do the following steps in Photoshop:

1. Open the PSD file. Use the text tool and edit the original PMDG registration to the new one.

2. Copy the layer and name it white text.

3. Use "Color Overlay" for the layer and add a white color overlay. That fixes the text itself.

4. Add a new layer and call it black background. Color the whole layer black.

5. Position the white text above the black layer so you see the new white registration against the black layer. Merge the 2 new layers together.

6. Copy that combined new layer with the black background and white text and paste it in the alpha channel layer replacing what was originally there.

7. Go back to the regular layers and hide or delete the extra layers you made so all you see is the gray background with the original text you first edited (chiseled look).

8. Flatten the image and save like you normally would and you're done.

For the wing decals, you have to use the wing decals PSD file and it's basically the same process, excpet that the master layers you see after you do your editing is just the clear background with the registration in black. Don't leave those other alignment layers visible. You still have to make the black background with white text like the process above for the alpha layer. It's always easier to copy a layer and edit it than type a new one that you have to align. Once you're done a couple it's old hat after that.

Steve

Thank's a lot for that great explanation, i just translate it to my friend and now i hope he can do it. :)