Sign in to follow this  
IFR7700

Fresh New Install With A Fresh New System

I finally took the plunge and upgraded my system from the AMD 965 Black Edition to the new Ivy Bridge i7-3770K with some GSkill TridentX Ram (2666!!) and the Sabertooth MB w/Z77 chipset. I did a fresh format of my FSX SSD and my System SSD. I have not done any overclocking .... yet !!!

I have just reinstalled FSX, and of course my first add-on was the NGX. I haven't done any FSX tweaks, and just for kicks, I loaded up the NGX at my home base. It loaded fast as hell, but the visuals were horrific. All I can say is I really must have had the other install really dialed in. I just realized the scope of the work ahead of me (and this is after two and a half days of building a new computer, etc.). The hardest part of all this is trying to decide which steps to do in what order.

Wish me luck, I'll keep you posted.

P.S. For Zach ... you were right ... AMD is Cr*p

P.S.S. I am getting some pmdg.dll app crashes AFTER exiting. I guess that'll all come out in the wash. I have a lot of forum searching to do. ugh!

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg