Sign in to follow this  
airbusman5514

PMDG Triple Error in Place of AIRAC Database Load

Hello all...

When I try to load my PMDG 747-400X in FSX Acceleration, the AIRAC database should load. But instead of a progress bar, I get three errors. They say that PMDG_747400_ACS, PMDG_747400_Overhead and PMDG_747400_Center.dll cannot find PMDG_Options.dll. Then FSX crashes. Can anybody help me?

System Specs:

PMDG 747-400X v2.10.0040

FSX Acceleration

Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

6GB RAM

Intel Duo-Core clocked @ 2.6GHz each

640GB Hard Drive SATA

Can anybody help me?

First, you need to locate the file. To do this, follow the instructions in the support article under the heading "How to Find Your DLL.XML." Make sure that Windows allows you to view hidden files, as the dll.xml (and fsx.cfg, etc.) are hidden by default.

If you are fine with do-it-yourself fixes / programming, you can download the text editor mentioned in the PMDG support article and edit some of the code of the file manually. This can be slightly confusing and tedious, so if you are not comfortable with trying the manual fixes mentioned in the article yourself, create an official PMDG support account at http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx, submit a support ticket by clicking the button, attach your corrupt dll.xml file, and PMDG will fix and send a functional copy via your e-mail.

Basically, the article contains all the information required to perform the fix. If there are administrative protection issues with your dad's account, then there is nothing you can do except wait for him to enter the password and change applicable settings. It is best to run FSX on an administrator account anyways, as this will prove to be enormously convenient when other add-ons are installed and more settings need to be adjusted. I will ask again: are you using Wilco/FeelThere products?

It will help in the future when you have to change other settings, but I think your original issue will not be solved if you do not pursue the fix mentioned in the article.

Thanks. I just submitted a support ticket and I got a response. Now another problem has arose. How can I get my landing gear, flight controls and VC back to normal? The problem with the landing gear is that it only has the nose, which goes to its max left position, and wing gear coming out and at an odd angle. The body gear does not extend at all. Flight controls: The ailerons are hanging off the wing and don't move at all. Rudder and elevator doesn't move at all. The airplane is still steerable. VC/Panel: Black guages. That and nothing in the VC except for the power levers, the control column and the rudder pedals move. Buttons don't move, knobs don't turn and switches don't flip. Also the spoiler and flap levers don't even move. Is there a fix for that? Without using RegEdit?

Make sure that the PMDG B747 is not the default flight when you open FSX. That has been known to cause severe issues. Instead, use a default aircraft for the default flight and switch the aircraft to the PMDG once FSX has started. Perhaps after that, you could use the Flight1 registry fixer, which is supposed to fix various registry issues. Screenshots (press V in FSX or use Snipping Tool in Windows 7) would also be helpful if issues persist. It is difficult to imagine all of the issues at once!