Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sleightflight

Horizon photo scenery still blurring with high end pc

Hi everyone , I recently built a new pc for fsx , i7 3770 ivy bridge professionally overclocked from 3.6 to 4.5 ghz , 16 gig of 1866 ram , 240 gig ssd , 600 gig vrap drive for fsx & all scenery packages.

I also got my gpu changed under warranty as it was starting to fail , I had a powercolor hd 5870 , I got a msi 6970 twin frozr as a replacement , even with all this hardware my photo scenery is still going blurry , not all the time but not as good as what I have had it in the past on my amd quad core 955 be @ 3.8 ghz & the 5870 card, all traffic tabs be it airport , boats , ai aircraft are all down set low ,I tried bojotes tweak tool & it adds a real bad shimmering effect in the near distance & beyond, i also tried using some of the tweaks from it on my original cfg .

I am getting really frustrated , anyone got any suggestions to get this scenery loading up without blurries & or any FCC settings fir the gpu , thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would check out Word Not Allowed's guide pinned at the top of the Hardware Forum. You can also try turning on DX10 with guidance from the DX10 Forum here on AVSIM. I'm using DX10 exclusively. Sometimes too many tweaks will cause more problems than what they are worth. It's my understanding many of Bojotes tweaks were for lower end systems to get more juice out of them and provide better graphics and FPS. You have a modern system.

Best regards,

Jim