Sign in to follow this  
DreadMetis

C-46 on only ONE engine

That is unless you have been taught the engines are labeled when viewing the aircraft from the nose back. I was taught that engines are labeled port or starboard based on your position in the pilot or co-pilot's seat.

You were taught correctly. Port and starboard are referenced to your left and right, respectively, when looking forward toward the nose (or bow, if on a boat). This makes them non-ambiguous, unlike simply saying "left" and "right", which leaves you open to the question of "left or right when facing which direction?"

And with that, I'll take my Navy hat back off and put it away again.

Okkkaaayy sorry guys (no girls ???) I was off.

So first about the questions : yes the plane was harder to control, so that wxas not just a visual effect. I did take some drag from the stopped prop, and the plane had a tendancy to go in a specific way of flying between crab & looking a bit up (sorry, my technical english is quite poor...). I have some more pictures, I was so surprised !

Anout the HOW : I think I have an idea on what happened, but you (& I too) should try to replicate the situation. I was in a warbird, I think the Zero, flying, and prop rpm@80%. I went to the hangar, changed to the C-46, then I did something (but can't remember what), and bang, right engine went off totally...

Keeping the altitude was harder as usual, as trying to keep direction, but I guess with some concentration I would have been able to go back to Waimea-Koala RWY...

On these pics you can see the bank & pitch I had to keep in order to keep flying, but I was loosing speed quite fast.

Interesting! I guess there will be a rush to replicate it, now. B)

First one wins an Aerocache!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just a technical not.... Under such circumstances you should have...

1) used rudder towards the "good engine", and if possible rudder trim too (full rudder trim) towards that engine;

2) bank a little towards the good engine, using aileron trim as well if possible.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

I Just flew 200nm on one engine.

HOW..fly the Mustang out to no mans land 200nm east of Hilo. Hit map..then hit hanger and take out a full C46, I was in multiplayer turned around flew back to Hilo and landed. It really does pull to the right with the starboard engine out , still managed to maintain 150knts at 5000 feet all the way back. This is probably the only way this plane could fly 1500nm on a full tank2012-9-21_18-54-49-296_zps8840827d.jpg2012-9-21_18-57-3-149_zpsbcf1061b.jpg2012-9-21_18-57-8-716_zpsf114fe93.jpg2012-9-21_18-57-8-716_zpsf114fe93.jpg2012-9-21_18-57-8-716_zpsf114fe93.jpg2012-9-21_19-26-53-193_zps1071a487.jpg2012-9-21_19-49-15-461_zps339fc811.jpg2012-9-21_19-49-39-70_zps1b4c7c3e.jpg2012-9-21_19-53-7-898_zpsaae3ea63.jpg. :lol:

Really does make you wonder if there is a Deluxe version of this plane close to completion sitting on a shelf somewhere.

looks like I better adjust my screen for brightness.

I REALLY hope someone can cr**k the code to add essential things that seems to be implemented on this little civilian sim...

Does the switch of plane, to get one engine only on C-46, work on the ground too ? I have been quite "busy" these days trying the new TS2013 :D

I REALLY hope someone can cr**k the code to add essential things that seems to be implemented on this little civilian sim...

Does the switch of plane, to get one engine only on C-46, work on the ground too ? I have been quite "busy" these days trying the new TS2013 :D

LOL, I am fiddling with TS2013 as well. (Its on in the background!) Very smart new user interface, and the Pad controller option makes me suspect they are about to make a lunge at the console market. Those guys have their eyes on the ball!

Back to The C-46, I am getting even more certain that they had some plans for this puppy before the plug was pulled. I suspect, like you are thinking, either a deluxe version or some missions, maybe something that included an engine failure.

Now if we can only figure out how to get that trail of flames I saw.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I have noticed a few comments from the co-pilot that makes me think there was more as well.

This thing sure glides well when you run out of fuel...8 or 9 miles from the runway is no problem .