Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Registery Cleaning

Hi all, could someone tell me if using CCleaner would help fsx and all addons run a cleaner, sharper simming experience,

Cheers Rod.

In all honesty, I doubt it. Crap Cleaner is for cleaning "crap" that accumulates on your PC. It could make your Windows run a bit faster / cleaner, and hence your FSX experience. Unless you find your Windows very slow, I doubt you'll notice a difference in FSX.

Macecraft do a very reliable tool http://www.macecraft.com/ called JV16 Power Tools. Have been using it (them) for ten years or so now. The Reg Cleaning facility I only use once a year and it is very safe & thorough. But like eNuffSaid said, it probably would not make a great deal of difference to the running of FSX.

It is payware for the full version with a time limited free trial, after which it stops working. I think they also do a FREE Lite version as well. Certainly worth a look at for future use.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Be very careful using reg cleaners unless you know what you are doing. Twice over the years I have had to re-install windows after files I didn't realize were important were removed. When faced with multiple files which are supposed to be duplicates or orphans, it is easy after a while to stop checking each individual file and check the box allowing all the rest of the files to be removed at once and then find out too late that was a big mistake. I still like CCleaner for removing installed programs but be very careful when using the reg cleaner unless you are absolutely certain it is safe to remove the suggested file(s).

CCleaner would help fsx and all addons run a cleaner, sharper simming experience,

It is a very usefull utility,but make sure you know what you are doing,otherwise you can really stuff up your pc.

Thanks for the advise, I did use CCleaner and I have to admit my sim is now silky smooth, all sliders right. the system fired up a lot faster with no hicups, I only used the default settings in CCleaner and made a backup of all files just in case it went hay wire. Thanks again, Cheers Rod.