Hey everyone, I've finally gotten around to taking some (crappy) pics of how I game & sim. This is an Obutto Ozone cockpit with the table top and flight sim addons. I have the triple monitor mount too but still rocking one monitor for now. :P I like the cockpit because it's fast and easy to switch between controllers, and it works just as well for a desk or playing any other type of game.

This is how it looks in "regular desk" mode. You can see the TrackIR 5 on top of my monitor, and the goofy thing sticking to the left of the monitor is a headband with the TrackIR vector clip glued to it:

obutto21.jpg

And here it is with the flight stick mount and my Saitek AV8R installed (takes about 30 seconds to mount.) You can see the Saitek rudder pedals in place, which are velcro mounted to the piece of vinyl flooring underneath the cockpit:

obutto23.jpg

This is a close up of the mount where the flight stick goes. It sits between your legs and at the base of the seat. It looks like it would get in the way but it really doesn't:

obutto22.jpg

Another pic from the other side showing the flight stick setup. As you can see I set my wireless keyboard on the table top and swing the keyboard/mouse tray to the left where I can comfortably use the mouse (yes I am a lefty :) but you can mount the keyboard/mouse tray on the right side as well, this also allows you to mount a HOTAS throttle on the left like most real fighter cockpit layouts):

obutto24.jpg

And lastly, a pic of the cockpit with a CH Flight Sim yoke clamped to the tabletop. It only took a minute to pop out the joystick, swing the keyboard try back around and clamp the yoke to the table top. As a plus, I can leave the yoke clamped here and still use the keyboard and mouse completely normally, so I don't have to take the yoke off if I want to play Skyrim or something:

obutto25.jpg

Wow! Quite the set up! Very well done.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Wow, the obutto rig looks really awesome, but how comfy would you say it is for normal everyday computing when compared to a top of the range office chair and desk?

Reason I ask is because the obutto set-up is about the exact same cost as one of those orthopaedic office chairs, and since I did my back in a few years ago, my 24/7 operators chair is not as comfy as I'd like, and that was expensive too...

This however, looks pretty comfy, but seem quite low down, more racing car driver than pilot kind of height???

Do you find yourself looking up at the screen(s) at all? I'd be really interested to see a side profile with you sat in it to compare the height and viewing angle of the screen...

Is the seat adjustable in any way at all, tilt/height/recline?

If you don't mind of course...

The top of the seat on my office chair (My backside), is level with the top of that corsair case...

I have that case for my rig too... Seems a bit too "open" not allowing air to actually flow through the PC quickly enough :-(

Beautifull,clean, and uncluttered! :good:

Do you find yourself looking up at the screen(s) at all?

I think the Obutto screen fixture height can be adjusted. Look at this one :

P.S. Sorry wrong link, the above vid is not an Obutto cockpit.

I get the idea, "go look it up on youtube"... Dare I ask about the other questions?

Sorry mate if I'm bothering you or asking too much stuff...

I get the idea, "go look it up on youtube"... Dare I ask about the other questions?

Sorry mate if I'm bothering you or asking too much stuff...

I think you may have gotten the wrong impression from Wildheart's post, I'm sure he was just trying to help (unless he edited out some comment after the fact).

Anyway, I personally find the Obutto seat comfortable but I have no doubt that it's not up to par with a super expensive ergonomic desk chair (like an Aeron chair or something.) It's a car racing seat so it's fairly stiff and the only adjustment is reclining and forward/back.

I'm sure if you were crafty you could bolt up any seat to it but that would take time, materials, tools, experience, and money, and at that point you would probably be better off getting some hyper expensive custom made setup made (or making it).

Hope that helps!

edit: I completely forgot to mention that the monitor mount is completely adjustable up and down.and you could tilt it up/down if you wanted to, if you used some washers in the VESA bracket.

Yeah sorry mate, looks like I did read that the wrong way...

One of the other forums i use, people often get faced with "Google it" as the answer to almost everything, really unfriendly bunch, so you kind of start seeing everything that way after a while when people just point you elsewhere..

I see what Wildhearts saying now...

Thanks for the info Anthony, I did end up looking it up on YouTube in the end...

One of the other forums i use, people often get faced with "Google it" as the answer to almost everything, really unfriendly bunch

I had exactly this happened in other forum. In matter of fact that I had "google it" b4 I ask where did he obtain the file.

I did a fast research on the monitor adjustment as I am quite interested. Paste the vid here and can't delete my post when i realise is not Obutto rig.

The european price tag is so expensive compare to the US.

The european price tag is so expensive compare to the US.

You think so? I looked at it and price wise, the UK/EU price seems about the same or only a slight difference..

The UK price actually looks quite attractive, as I'm also trying to collaborate a way for my Air Cadet squadron to build a flight simulator, hence the interest in this one as it can have 3 screens that can also be folded closed, which the others don't have, making it easy to get it through a doorway without taking it apart, especially if we fitted some wheels to it, or mounted the entire thing on 2 cut down pallets, so we can wheel it into lock-up at the end of an evenings flying :-)

I didnt get that wrong did I? The 3 screens bracket does fold doesn't it?

The UK price actually looks quite attractive

Yes you are right, I compare the wrong rig. US Obutto 360us$ vs Euro Obutto Revo 659

But if you compare like this :P :

US Obutto

Base Rig- USD 360

Triple Monitor Mount- USD89

Table Top- USD99

Flight Stick Mount- USD45

Total: USD593(£366 appox)

Euro Obutto

Base Rig- €349

Triple Monitor Mount-€85

Table Top- €95

Flight Stick Mount- €40

Total: €569(£452approx)

I didnt get that wrong did I? The 3 screens bracket does fold doesn't it?

Yes it does fold, you just have to loosen the clamps for each side. It won't fold up into a nice little box the size of one monitor though, but you can *easily* fit it through a doorway.

Actually that is another nice thing about the Obutto, it is sturdy but still relatively light and has a very small footprint on your floor. One thing I like to do sometimes is detach the monitor stand (a couple of bolts), then I can drag the whole thing into my living room where I have a 117" projector screen set up. :) Although I haven't figured out a way to keep the TrackIR when I do that since there's nothing for it to sit on.

So the prices are about the same give or take a few £... Its really affordable for what it will get used for though :-)

Can you put the trackIR on backwards, on the back of your head, and the sensor behind you and calibrate it for that?

Yeah the Obutto is awesome. By far the best purchase for FS not including the PC of course. Here is the latest evolution of my setup as to further promote this setup! I did the 3 monitor thing and wasnt too blown away with it...

486EE79F-023F-428B-98C5-6C68458BC0CE-310-000000A90F17C12B.jpg

DD47C29F-CF50-47F5-AC4F-506645FAE355-310-000000A9065D1438.jpg