Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

How to use the 'shift' option in LINDA

Hi All

I have just discovered this most amazing programme. Congratulations to the inventers!

I would be grateful to anyone who could please tell me how to assign a command using the shift option.

I have tried by clicking shift and assigning something to a toggle switch, on play nothing happens.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Qas

hello

you have (in the normal) mode to assign one button shift button ("LOCAL SHIFT or GLOBAL SHIFT"; Local ist for the time you press the button, global shifts permanently till the next press).

Then you check "shifted" in the upper right and assign what you want

Don't forget to press "save" after that

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I am sorry to say I am still not sure what to do.

This is what I have done.

I have the LEO Bodnar BU0836X.

At position 32 I have a toggle switch connected and assigned to battery ON -OFF.

I than pressed the shift and assigned another position to this switch, and saved.

In the sim when I press the button the battery comes ON-OFF.

How do I make the shift selection work? I have tried pressing the shift on key board and pressing the toggle switch-nothing happens.

Can you please do a step by step tutorial?

How do I choose global shift and still assign?

Qas

You missed probably how it generally works:

you do not have to press the shift key on your keyboard ...

on the upper right of the joysticks section of LINDA, there's a checkbox called "shifted".

This is the same like in other sims "Modifier"

I try an example:

Button 1 is in normal mode parking brake

Now, I'd like to have also speed brake at button one!

I select another button, e.g. button 5 as the shifting button

Then I have to press button 5 and then button 1 to enable the speedbrake.

This does not make sense for just one function, of course.

But say, you have all in all 5 buttons:

then you can assign several ground operations to this 5 buttons.

And once in flight, you change them then to several in flight assignments.

So, you need one button as a general shift key (modifier key)!

Has nothing to do with your keyboard...

Guenter Steiner

Hi

This is excellent.Many Many thanks for the tutorial.It makes sense now.

I have tried it and it works,

BIG THANK YOU

Qas

ps.

Is it possible to write your own commands for Linda.eg there is no assignment in Linda for the 'ATTEND' ding dong sound.

I am trying to build an overhead and this will be excellent thing to assign to a push switch.

The same for the GRD CALL button

I have read the manual but it's bit too complicated. Another tutorial would be great.

Thank you.

There's no DING DONG sound in LINDA of course, but the Seatbelt/smoking switches are of course there.

Most addons have Ding Dong then ... :lol:

Have alook into the FAQ, there's a link to a thread whith some basics how to gather and program LINDA modules.

So, yes, it is possible, but you have to learn a bit about LUA etc. That's nothing I can tell you here in a few words.

Guenter Steiner

Hi

Many thanks for the suggestions. At the moment I am trying to build an overhead panel using Leo Bodnar BU0836X.

Once everything is wired and connected I will take on this challenge.

Any ideas why we have all the functions for the ifly 737, and not so many for the pmdg 737.

Many thanks,

Qas

Any ideas why we have all the functions for the ifly 737, and not so many for the pmdg 737.

What do you mean?

Which functions beside the about 500 we have for the NGX do you miss?

Guenter Steiner

Because the functions aren't in the PMDG SDK, the iFly SDK is far more extensive at this moment in time, especially where the Overhead panel is concerned. An update to the NGX SDK is due sometime after they release the 777, so it may be a while yet.

Cheers, Andy.

Now I understand.All the functions need to be released by PMDG before they can be assigned through Linda.

The controls that do not appear in Linda are things like, Navigation Panel,equip cooling,trim air and few others.

Please let me know if these can be programmed by using Linda.

Qas

All the functions need to be released by PMDG before they can be assigned through Linda.

no, they do not.

Simply the NGX LINDA module does not have 100% of all NGX functions.

We have now about 500 functions already, what is a lot of work and should serve the needs of the most users.

If you tell me, what functions exactly you need, I can have a look if I would implement them

Guenter Steiner

Hi guenseli

Many thanks for the offer to help.

I have just completed building an overhead using Leo Bodnar. This was only possible with your magnificent work in creating Linda.

Is there any way to make the trim air button work please? I have got this connected to the Leo Bodnar with nothing assigned to it. It seems such a waste.

Many thanks

Qas

Hello Qas,

download the module version 1.8.

I have added the trim air switch

Guenter Steiner

Hi guenseli

So it's true what they say-if you don't ask you do not get! :Party: .This wonderful and many many

thanks for taking time to help me.

I will do this later today.

Lets hope I don't come up with another request.Just%20Kidding.gif

Qas