Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Multiple Monitor vs. Single 30" or 40" Videos ?

Greetings,

Drums, I always look forward to our TeamSpeak chats. As you know I am running 3 x 46" small bezel Samsung LED TV's. and as the poster said above, I will also never look back. I am able to adjust the screen to represent the actual size of the gauges in a real cockpit. A real treat. For FSX, DCS, racing sims; splendid. For desktop work, I find I use the center screen most of the time through peripheral applications to the right and left, due to the raw distance away from center. Not a bad thing, just had to get used to it. I don't find the dot pitch to be an issue, but I can see a graphic designer squawking a bit. 40' to 42' seemed to be a sweet spot compromise if dot pitch is an issue. Note key word: Compromise.

I have also flown with 55", and, well, that is just excessive ;)

FYI: That was a funny, as most people find 46" excessive...or is it?

-Todd

I say bigger is better! The only reason I mention 40" of LED awesomeness is my office cannot fit anything bigger. I feel, size matters. If not why do people go to an IMax? To be honest with everything, Zoolander was the inspiration of my future set up.

I will just add that I also have the Catleap, and mine is without any bad pixels, I love the size and resolution, and the colors are just yummi! Price/performance ratio excellent!

Mine's just simple.... 240Hz Samsung 55" LED TV.....TrackIR.....then hit the remote on the tv where it says "2D->3D". ^_^

I was seriously thinking 3 x 27" Catleaps but my spider senses tell my 3 x 1080p will be easier on frames, and the size considerations.

I have always liked the idea of having three monitors, but to be honest, I am not prepared to give up on the quality and performance that I have with my super duper, Dell Ultrasharp 30" which runs at 2560x1600 and is simply stunning!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776