Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

HELP: Fsx Closes on Splash Screen

Sorry Alex. But I'm glad to read you're on the right track getting this solved.

Thanks mate,

All the best

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Does anyone have any suggestions?

A few days ago I recall reading a post in another flightsim forum where someone thought deleting their 'old' Microsoft Visuals C++ from their system was a good way to clean things up. As soon as they deleted MSV 2005 and tried to restart FSX, they couldn't get past the splash screen. One person solved this problem by deleting or renaming the logbook.bin, then doing a repair of FSX and Acceleration. After restarting the system, FSX started up without any problems. FSX/Acceleration installs the proper versions of MSV's and you may have somehow lost those installations or they are corrupted.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

A few days ago I recall reading a post in another flightsim forum where someone thought deleting their 'old' Microsoft Visuals C++ from their system was a good way to clean things up. As soon as they deleted MSV 2005 and tried to restart FSX, they couldn't get past the splash screen. One person solved this problem by deleting or renaming the logbook.bin, then doing a repair of FSX and Acceleration. After restarting the system, FSX started up without any problems. FSX/Acceleration installs the proper versions of MSV's and you may have somehow lost those installations or they are corrupted.

Best regards,

Jim

I found it was a some conflict with EZCA, I reinstalled FSX, with no issues, as soon as I installed EZdok, Bam. I tried for hours trying to fix, in the end I gave up and formatted the hdd.

We're not out of the woods yet, but thank you for your help

Alex Ridge

I'm getting the same error splash screen just crashes FSX process not found. FSX_handle: 0 anyone else having this never seen before! Any help would be great.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

I'm getting the same error splash screen just crashes FSX process not found. FSX_handle: 0 anyone else having this never seen before! Any help would be great.

You as well? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Alex Ridge

I just had some minor success uninstall Fsx acceleration and run the fsx disc 1 do a repair that fixed it, have you go audio environment installed that might be the issue with a dll conflict I can at least get into fsx now.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Same here Alex, very strange!

EZCA problem!

It is that I love flying but sometimes I want to dump FSX.

Always something going on!

Robert

I just had some minor success uninstall Fsx acceleration and run the fsx disc 1 do a repair that fixed it, have you go audio environment installed that might be the issue with a dll conflict I can at least get into fsx now.

Tried that with no luck for me!

Same message: FSX_Handle:FSX process not found. FSX_Handle:0

Robert

Problem fixed!  :yahoo:

First: uninstalled EZCA.

Deleted all folders and registry entries (inside regedit).

Deleted FSX CFG and FSUIPC INI file

Used ccleaner.

Uninstalled fsx acceleration and did a fsx disc 1 and 2 repair.

Installed acceleration again.

Installed EZCA using Flight1 online activation V1.15

Then installed V1.16.

Don't forget to reboot in between every install!

I am never going to install EZCA Version 1.17 again!

This version gave me nothing but trouble!

Robert