Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

SquawkBox 4 now working & starting in P3D within sim!

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get the transponder/com panel in view when in full screen mode? That's the one SB4 facility I cannot get to work.

John R

Hello Doug,

I did some research and I can confirm you as follows:

I've got it "working" but only

1) in Windowed mode

2) launching SB4 via Taskbar Start - All Programs or directly from the install folder in C:\

Once P3D v1.4 is active I cannot launch SquawkBox from the Menu Bar | Add-ons | Start SquawkBox.

When I activate "Start SquawkBox" it just disappears from the Menu until next launching.

It seems it didn't trigger anything neither because I can start SquawkBox as described above.

For me -after all- it is not a big issue as I was and I am only trying to get some experience in this virtual-on-line-flying. I have read so many beautiful stories in all the forums that I cannot understand at all that it seems to be impossible to have FSInn or SquawkBox working with P3D.

Does this mean that all those P3D-simmers (and I suppose there are many of them out there and getting more each day!) does this mean that they can not do this with P3D???

Or is everybody simply trying to do it his way and get the best out of it?

Anyway, Doug, thanks so far for your help and kind attention. Very appreciated!

And, of course, if there is a solution pls let me know.

salu2

Joop / GCLP

transponder/com panel in view when in full screen mode?

I can restart and it will be in the panel but the next tfew times it may not? I have seen the same thing though with FSX. I run SB4 on a network computer with no issues except for the Xponder not showing in panel on occasion.

Hi Joop... you are very welcome and i will keep hunting for suggestions that may help in getting this solved!

As for P3D along with SB4 and FSINN not running nicely inside the sim, Lockheed Martin have apparently developed this sim NOT for entertainment purposes - i.e. the home desktop aviator - but rather for commercial training... therefore it lacks the 'niceties' that we have come to expect from FSX

LM software is probably best used in full training simulators where ATC is actually simulated and no 'online' flying is involved... I cant ever see LM updating things to get the software going...

It would eb great if some developer would crate another more user friendly program - even payware - that integrated nicely with both FSX and P3D

Before i had this working ok, i was using the little app called DESK-PINS to pin the communication window on top of the screen overlaying the panel... i notcied last n ice that the transponder disappeared every now and then...hmmmm... perhaps a desk-pin here would help too...

Sorry that none of the suggestions have worked but as you say, it can still be done via externally starting it and it is stable too...

Somewhere on the planet. someone will have the best answer and then we can use that.. until then the search continues!

All the best!

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

It would eb great if some developer would crate another more user friendly program - even payware - that integrated nicely with both FSX and P3D

There has been a need for that for along time, for FSX,FS9 and otther sims! I had heard that vatsim was working on developing a client program on their own, with P3D integration. But as a Vatsim high priestess noted, It takes them along time just to open the gate.:)

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your detailed answer on the FSX-P3D story. I understood this far better than those "EULA-texts" I've been reading so far!

It makes me thinking that Microsoft did not do a bad business at all selling the code to LM.

Since they stopped MS Flight as well, this will give them a break of maybe a few years to think it all over, while LM is developing the P3D meanwhile. I can already see what will be up after let's say 3-5 years: A brand new Flashing , Super Flight Simulator which will be unbeatable for another 25 years!

"Until then the research continues!

salu2

Joop GCLP 1835Z

BTW: It must be early in the morning there with you now?

Indeed Joop!

Time here in NZ is 7:57am on Thursday October 11th... and what a lovely day it is outside! Not a cloud in the sky.. no matter how many times i refresh OPUS! :rolleyes:

Pity that VATSIM takes so long to develop software... i ma sure even if each user paid $1.00 or what ever currency you use, they would have more than enough to get someone to work on it fulltime and get the job done! Maybe we should suggest that! B)

Have a good 'night' over there!

Ciao

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug