Sign in to follow this  
PierreFSX

Ready to try P3D but need one confirmation on Cirrus ii

Hi,

I am a long time simmer (25 years) and I alway's used MS Flight simulator. I invested a lot of money during the last 5 year and before I start migrating to P3D, I would like to know if my Cirrus ii with rudder pedals will work? Do I just need to installed the PFCFSX.dll in the module directory, and everything will work? or it is more complicated then this.

From what I was able to read on the forum, everything else I own will work. I am also assuming that P3D, like FSX, support multi screen configuration? I currently run a 6 screens setup (where 3 of them are connected to a Triplehead2go) .

Would appreciate any comment.

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

Are those pedals USB? If yes, then yes, you only need the pfc module usually and everything's gonna work. At least my PFC yoke is working flawlessly.

Hi Word Not Allowed,

Thanks you for the quick answer, my Cirrus II is USB connected and my Pedals are connected to the Cirrus II, and not dirrectly to the PC. So this should work? Do you know if P3D support muti monotor like FSX?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

Hi Word Not Allowed,

Thanks you for the quick answer, my Cirrus II is USB connected and my Pedals are connected to the Cirrus II, and not dirrectly to the PC. So this should work? Do you know if P3D support muti monotor like FSX?

Pierre

To both yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

One last thing, do you recommend to install P3D using a dual boot setup, isolating P3D from FSX? I am planning to use the FSX to Prepar3d migration tool to install some add-on that I have.

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

I have FSX and P3D on separate drives and that works fine for me. I found no need to have separate boot up disks. I think Word Not Allowed did it more for testing.

In fact, you may not want separate boot ups. I'm thinking since I have several Orbx sceneries - they have their own migration tool so it might not find the FSX folders if on separate boots?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

If you plan to install "some addons", like couple of addons, don't bother. I have it separated so that they both don't come into each others way, as I don't want to destroy my huge FSX installation again, and simultaneously I don't want to have any problems in P3D, as I did previously when I did it all paralelly.

Thanks Word Not Allowed,

It took me more then one year to fine tune my FSX setup. I also have a lots of add-ons and scenery, so I will go with a dual boot so I can isolate the two configuration.

Again thanks for the great info, I will start installing now.

Pierre

Pierre Nantel