Sign in to follow this  
redfire66

Editing ILS frequencies

Excuse me if this topic has already been discussed before. I have been trying to change the ILS frequencies at EINN from the FSX default of 109.5 to the correct 110.95. using ADE9x without sucess. I am hoping that there is a simple procedure for doing this. I get as far as compiling the airport and at this point there are errors. Or maybe there is a better way to acheive the same thing.

Bob

It would help if you could tell us what errors you see? I just loaded the stock EINN and changed both ILS as you describe. The airport compiled with no errors.

Hello

I realise my post was light on detail. I was hoping for a simple step by step on the subject. I am probably not following the correct procedure as It's the first time I have used the programme. I will try again and post the error window that appears at the time of compiling. By -the-way I am simply loading the default airport not one already modified.

Bob

Been trying to upload the snipping tool JPEG of the error window, but that doesn't seem to work. So here are the two lines of error that show when I try to compile airport. All I have done is changed the ILS frequencies to 110.95. and just want to input this into EINN in FSX

NTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2031: Failed element parse <BoundaryFence>

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

Bob

Hello Venustus

Thanks for your help. I understand from that link that I need to update SDK from Microsoft. I just want to confirm that to update SDK in no way affects FSX itself.

Bob

If you are using the latest version of ADE then there will be a red button near bottom left of the display. If this is red then it means that ADE has dound an issue that will stop the airport compiling. Click this button for help in fixing the problem. In the case of the above problem then it will help you update the SDK to a version that will work properly.

Updating the SDK does not affect FSX itself.