Sign in to follow this  
markjj

FSX Crashes After Every Flight After I Installed The Leonardo MD-80

So, does it work now ?

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

vpa055.png

Hi ...have been following this exchange. I have suffered in exactly the same way as a MarkJJ i.e. Fresh install FSX +sp 1 & 2 under Win 8 just doesn't work for long. Won't go through all the detail but I am now sure that sp2 is not compatible with Win 8 and in fact is causing all the problems. Not sure now what to do however....everything is Ok with just sp1 installed.....this is clearly not an optimum situation!

Cheers

John T.

Won't go through all the detail but I am now sure that sp2 is not compatible with Win 8 and in fact is causing all the problems

This is the first time this has been reported. Many members here have FSX/SP2 running great in Windows 8.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim ....The intersting aspect is that the symptoms described by MarkJJ are virtually identical.

After loading up sp2, although when trying to activate the program an affirmative was received it did not appear to be activated upon the start of the program i.e. no multiplayer option seen. Removing sp2 resulted at start up with an activated program! The symptoms with sp2 are a weird starting position i.e. graphics from the bottom of the cockpit, 1 engine outwarning and no real control over the aircraft. The xml check revealed 2 were missing. The problem of switching conditions in flight via the menu bar caused a crash to occur. This was never the case with Win7 ...I had a very stable system. I was wondering whether to buy the Gold version i.e. incorporating the acceleration pack just to give it a try. I currently have the Professional Version. I have clean installed now twice with the same probems. I also have an Eyefinity set up (3 screens). Any thoughts? There have been some reports that the attached joysticks may be the culprit. I have CH Fighterstick and Pro throttle. I may experiment here.

Best regards

John

Well, I don't see any crash report. I can't do anything further without a crash report (see my post #6).

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim...problem is resolved (!) as follows:-

• Sporadic unrelated PC crashes indcated that there was a problem with a USB controller driver (driving my HP printer). Update was then made with latest WIN 8 driver.
  • FSX sp2 then installed again (!) and FSX ran without porblems......and is still running. I presume the USB CH controllers were also affected by this USB problem.
  • Only issue (I mentioned above) with the FSX activation is that if FSX (now with sp2) is started with Admisitrator rights there is no further prompt for the Product Key and the program is indeed activated. Starting from the task bar (without Administrator) leads to a prompt for the activation key! Thought I'd mention this in case anyone else is suffering.

Anyway thanks and best regards

John

Glad to hear you are up and running again. I have had the same issue with my HP printer except that it did not cause FSX from starting. The red marked errors in the Event Viewer (indicating a critical error) are frequent though as HP refuses to upgrade their drivers past the OS the printer was built for. Windows 7 came up with some good drivers that give me basic functions and more than enough to print about anything I want. Yet the OS screams for newer drivers that are compatible. I have the PhotoSmart 7960 which I think was built for XP.

Regarding starting with Admin rights all the time or else you'll get a prompt for the activation key.... Why not enter the activation key when prompted? This might get rid of the nag. The computer experts say that you should install FSX in a directory of its own and not in the default C:\ProgramFiles (x86). In other words, it should be installed to C:\FSX or any drive you want. You should also turn off User Access Controls.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I have tried many times(!) to enter the Activation Key at the prompt and I get a connection to the server where I receive an affirmative that the FSX is activated...which does not appear to happen i.e. no multiplayer is visible following the activation confirmation. Its like the confirmation signal does not trigger what it is intended to do. As I said starting with Admin rights does not show any problem. Strange. By the way FSX is indeed installed on a separate drive E:\FSX. Will let you know if I manage to get rid of this issue.

All the Best

John

Here's a similar issue and possible solution - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101024130250AAlWKJr.

I also found some other activation problems and solutions - http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?253807-FSX-Wont-ACTIVATE. There are similar threads below that that might help.

Good luck!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks again Jim! I have however found a solution to the activation problem under Windows 8. If you right click the desktop link to FSX , from the menu labelled 'Compatibility' you can select (tick in the box) that this program is always opened under Administrator Mode. This done, the prompt to activate is overridden (just like opening as Administrator in the first place) and the program runs with multiplayer and activated mode. Again hope this helps others who may face this problem after a re-install under WIN 8.

Otherwise the program is running well also in multi- monitor mode (Eyefinity) ....have installed the VERY latest ATI (AMD) driver 12.11 (although still Beta) and this seems to be better (performance-wise).

Greetings from an English guy living in Austria.

John

Thanks for posting the solution John! I envy you living in Austria. Beautiful country! I use to go through there almost quarterly in the late 70's as I was stationed with the Army in Italy and travelled to Augsburg to visit my in-laws (and to pick up some German Bier). The Brenner Pass was a stunning experience (except at the Pass as there were sometimes really long lines and strikes). I only had a 1976 4 cylinder Chevy Monza back then and the fastest speed it could do was 100 mph and wish I had a faster car then (right now I'm driving a 2008 Corvette and that would have been nice to have in Europe and on the autobahn to the Brenner Pass! But, alas, I have to drive it 55 and maybe up to 65 here).

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Sorry for posting so late. Anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know that all is well now! All I had to do was find a backup dll file and rename it DLL so FSX would know to run off of that dll file. Then, I just had to install any addons that came after that backup. Thank you everyone for all the help and I really appreciate it. I still don't have the Leonardo Maddog in my hangar though. I would really love to have it working since it seems like such a great addon. Anyways, is there any reason why the installation caused my dll to get corrupted, and what could I do differently to get it working right? Thanks again

Mark Javornik

Hello!

I'am new! Im from Holland and don't understrand how the problem of jmtat is solved. My englisch isn't that good so i don't understand how they finally solved the problem. I have WIN8 and i had Aerosim 787 and removed it and then the problem was started.

Sorry for bad language.

Thanks!

Greets ,

Tim

I tried and on some flights stops normal. Fly 747 standard flight and when i preesed esc after 15 min it says end flight normally......... What is the problem?