Sign in to follow this  
Daikan

Problem w/ running fullscreen at lower resolutions

Hi there,

I'm currently evaluating the latest XP10 demo and I'm having a problem/question regarding fullscreen mode.

In order to gain some FPS I would like to run the simulation at a non-default resolution (e.g. slightly lower than the monitor's default) but still in fullscreen. In the Rendering Options I therefore select "run full-screen at this resolution" and "1600x900" (for example) instead of "Default Monitor Settings". My desktop is set to 1920x1080.

However, all my attempts so far resulted in the game being rendered inside a centered sub-portion of the screen e.g. surrounded with an ugly frame. My expectation was that the rendering should automatically be stretched to fit the screen (resulting in slightly bigger pixels). Isn't that how it's supposed to work? If so, what am I doing wrong?

My setup:

Win7 64bit, 3.0GHz, 6GB RAM

Sapphire ATI Radeon 6870 HD 1GB w/ latest drivers (Catalyst 12.8)

Any input is greatly appreciated!

You may have to change the settings in your monitor itself. Especially if you used a different aspect ratio than your native monitor resolution. I quite often have to do this on my 24 inch monitor if using a diffrent resolution.

I've found the same issue on my monitor.Running X Plane at the monitors native res of 1920x1080 works fine. I needed to lower it for the sake of performance too,I found 1280x1024 was the next one down that "fills" the screen. Weird one really,X Plane is the only piece of software that does this. :)

Found the solution: In the Catalyst Control Center I had to go into Desktops and Displays -> My Digital Flat-Panels -> Properties -> "Enable GPU scaling" and select "Scale image to full panel size"

nVidia has a similar option

Display category, Set Size and Position option

In Step 1, select detected monitor to work with

In Step 2, select Scaling tab

Select Full Screen Option

click apply and close